Board logo

Acumen DG8 Gear Indicator Problems
mike smith1 - 28/7/08 at 08:12 AM

Hi all,

I have a DG8, when we first installed it worked fine first time, after loosing the magnets off the prop adaptor every other outing, we replaced the magnets, it then decided it wouldnt work, I tried to re programme it and it would learn 1st gear but no more, we have since replaced the magnets with bolts that are tapped into the prop adaptor and thread locked in, the speedo works fine and is calibrated with the speedo healer, again I have tried to re programme it and it will learn 1st gear but no others! Any ideas?

I know there have been a few posts about people stuggling to set these up but it worked fine first time, its just getting a little annoying now

Cheers Mike

Hellfire - 28/7/08 at 09:14 AM

You dont think the Magnets (on there way off) have t**tted the pickup sender and now make it slightly dodgy.

Just a thought as we never got any DGI to work on our 'blade engined car.

Steve

mike smith1 - 28/7/08 at 09:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
You dont think the Magnets (on there way off) have t**tted the pickup sender and now make it slightly dodgy.

Just a thought as we never got any DGI to work on our 'blade engined car.

Steve

They certainly did Steve, had to get another sensor! Made it looked good though, it read 120 at about 30mph!!

Mike

mike smith1 - 28/7/08 at 12:07 PM

Acumen have advised that the orange wire (speedo pick up) is connected before the speedo healer.

I'll give that a try and let you know!

Mike

mike smith1 - 29/7/08 at 08:02 AM

Moved the orange speedo pick up wire for the DG8 to before the speedo healer, and it worked first time!

Mike