Board logo

Sierra or Granada driveshafts 7" or 7.5
Thatcher - 7/6/13 at 05:58 AM

Hi everyone,

I am in a bit of a dilema, I ave a pair of shafts from a Sierra/Granada the shortest one is 480 ish (shaft lenght) and all the joint faces have a gasket recess on them, I bought them discribed as sierra and granada so can anyone tell me what I have as I need to know if I have Sieera 7" diff drive shafts, but I do know they are bolt on shafts for a rear disc set up.

Thanks in advance.

Tony.....

[Edited on 7/6/13 by Thatcher]

mcerd1 - 7/6/13 at 10:28 AM

I think my shorter granada shaft is 480mm long (7" diff, can't check the lengths right now), but I know its the same as alot of the sierra ones

the length souldn't be an issue - the are some variations, in length but not much
(at least not enough to cause any problems for my dax which is designed for std. sierra shafts)

you can easy check the lengths are ok once its all assembled on the car, you just need to be able to get the full range of suspension movement without the shafts running out of travel.

no point in rushing out to buy new ones untill you know they don't work

the imortant thing to make sure the diamiter of the CV joints and the flanges on the diff/hubs all match
(your 7" diff will need 100mm CV's, 2wd cossies had larger ones, the rest are all the same)

[Edited on 7/6/2013 by mcerd1]