Board logo

Viento Windscreen height?
wilkingj - 17/5/09 at 07:46 PM

Can those people with a Windscreen on their Viento's tell me how high the windscreen is at the centre. (where the centre rear view mirror is)
Also whether you think yours is too high or too low.

I am thinking of making a windscreen, and want to know what height most peoples are. Not that there are many windscreened Viento's.

Thanks..

rusty nuts - 17/5/09 at 07:59 PM

Thought you had one Geoff?

DanP - 17/5/09 at 08:13 PM

I'm considering a windscreen on mine too geoff, but can't find too many photos to make my mind up.. there is a viento on ebay at the moment with a windscreen it thats any help

Cheers,
Dan

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LUEGO-VIENTO-WIDEBOY-KIT-CAR_W0QQitemZ320372765633QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item320372765633&_trksid=p3286.c0.m 14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

wilkingj - 17/5/09 at 09:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
Thought you had one Geoff?

I do, but its only 280mm high in the middle. I am thinking of something higher so I can have a roof like yours.

I'm just fed up of getting wet when I go out!
I may end up fitting the one I have.

kenton - 18/5/09 at 07:19 PM

I have the luego supplied windscreen fitted, its 280mm high. I find its high enough for me, if you put a straight edge from the top of the screen to the rollbar there is about 1/2" clearance.
With regards to a hood soft bits for sevens are going to make one of their half hoods and some half doors for me.
Kenton

wilkingj - 19/5/09 at 03:00 PM

Cheers Kenton....

Sounds like the height of the original screen I have is the same as the current one. I assume yours is one of the Black Steel framed ones?

I'm really waiting for Clive Snuggs to reply, as his is a Brasscraft one. (Nice but damn expensive)

I'll have to PM him.

All other info is still appreciated from any others..

hector - 23/5/09 at 01:43 PM

Hi geoff
I think mine is the standard Luego one (black steel frame ), which is starting to peel!
Its ok but i am soon to make new uprights as it is far too tall making it akward for getting the wiper angles.
I am goin to lean the screen back at a greater angle so its a bit lower than the top of roll bar to also make it more streamlined and then easier to create side screen to cause less turbulence!

cheers colin

rusty nuts - 23/5/09 at 04:40 PM

Wind deflectors are no problem to make . I used an off cut of Lexan from our local plastics supplier which I cut to shape using a wood working coping saw, file and Dremel then heated it with a hot air gun and bent to shape . They work well , cost less than a fiver and I have enough left over for replacements if I need them.

[Edited on 23/5/09 by rusty nuts]

wilkingj - 24/5/09 at 08:11 AM

I have spoken with the chaps at GBsportscars (Old Robin Hood)
They will sell me the channeling by the meter.

So if anyone is looking to make their own screen, thats a good place to start for the metalwork.
They want £25 for the chanelling for a std 7 (at Stoneleigh). I expect a bit more for a Viento as its bigger.

Not so sure where to get the glass cut.

rusty nuts - 24/5/09 at 11:54 AM

Might be worth looking in yellow pages for a company that fit plant screens Geoff ? National Windscreens in Newmarket may be a possibility 01638 561000 Next thing you know you will be after side screens!