Board logo

NOTRUB engine information :)
jollygreengiant - 21/8/09 at 07:51 PM

I have today recieved and fitted my new engine instruction/information label. It cost £140 delivered AND I still had to modify it so that it would clear the Idle air control valve.

Anyway it clearly reads from bottom to top NOTRUB, clearly a bit of health and safety advise for those that might want to fondle or carress it.
Engine instructions
Engine instructions

speedyxjs - 21/8/09 at 07:55 PM

£140!!!

Care to throw some of the coloured paper stuff this way?

Looks great though

blakep82 - 21/8/09 at 07:56 PM

looks good!

don't know about £140 good though

balidey - 21/8/09 at 07:57 PM

So, what were you rubbing on it before the warning label was fitted?

tomgregory2000 - 21/8/09 at 08:09 PM

That looks

The only problem i see is the amount of space around your engine

Xtreme Kermit - 21/8/09 at 09:23 PM

mmmmm shiny...

blakep82 - 21/8/09 at 09:46 PM

hope that big hammer wasn't needed as part of the fitting process

jollygreengiant - 21/8/09 at 10:05 PM

I had been thinking about an alloy cam cover since I started building. I had also been looking/keeping and an eye on the bay for them. However, for the most part bidding has mostly tended to go to about the same price as burton's had them for new. Whilst sorting out my sump over the past couple off weeks I noticed that I had a slight weep from the standard tin one and on inspection I decided to replace it as the bolt mounting faces of the original one had started to deform. Even though it was the later type with the extra bolt spreader plates. So I ordered it, complete with new gasket (extra cost) and the mounting bolts (extra cost), and the delivery charge made was probably slightly less than some of the ebay'ers might charge. Total for ALL was the £140.

And no, the hammer was only used to 'assist' in getting the old one off. Its funny how reluctant they can be, even when they leak.

[Edited on 21/8/09 by jollygreengiant]

stevegough - 22/8/09 at 08:55 PM

Well, Clive - I don't know about NOTRUB, but it certainly looks 'tailored to fit

" suits you sir "