Board logo

I hate my fu*king car at the mo!!!
tomgregory2000 - 5/9/09 at 03:21 PM

Well i thought i would take the car out for a spin today so went round my mates to take him out for a spin and as soon as i turned up it sprouted a leak

Lucky the is rebuilding a bike at the mo as we managed to find a bit of hose that would do the job
So took him out for a spin and he loved it

So i thought the day was going to be good

But NO

I got home and heard a funny clunking noise as though the exhaust had fallen off but no.
So i took the bonet off and look what i found

[img]Image deleted by owner [/img]

now the engine should be level as is the nosecone

on further inspection the engine mount rubber has colapsed

[img]Image deleted by owner [/img]

so now on the beer

what a wanky day

[Edited on 5/9/09 by tomgregory2000]

[Edited on 5/9/09 by tomgregory2000]

blakep82 - 5/9/09 at 03:27 PM

eek. could have been much worse i guess, but really annoying never the less
just lucky it didn't fall out completely

jacko - 5/9/09 at 03:27 PM

That all
you will soon sort that and be back on the road
this is a bad day

quote:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=120894

[Edited on 5/9/09 by jacko]

Davey D - 5/9/09 at 03:27 PM

Pull yourself together man! if its just a rubber engine mount thats gone its an easy job to sort

tomgregory2000 - 5/9/09 at 03:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
Pull yourself together man! if its just a rubber engine mount thats gone its an easy job to sort

Its easy if you got the parts to hand, which i dont at the mo and its dry and a bit sunny outside, i just want to be out driving the thing

l0rd - 5/9/09 at 04:30 PM

I would change both though. The engine has pulled to the side and might have damaged the other side as well.

Mark Allanson - 5/9/09 at 05:27 PM

What is that mount off? I cannot imagine a landrover one doing that, it may be worth looking to see if a landy one will fit - solid as a rock!

tomgregory2000 - 5/9/09 at 05:54 PM

it came from luego sports cars

was looking at the landrover ones, i just hope they are the same height

mangogrooveworkshop - 5/9/09 at 10:12 PM

Dont feel so bad about the engine mount breaking......my friend has a caterham and he told me he found the creaking noise thats been doing his head in......the mount had totally sheared off and the zetec was hanging in on two mounts.........

We jacked up the engine removed mount then welded the broken brazed joint.

So its not only the locosts that get problems ....cats get a fairshare of mishaps as well.

Fuel pump went next about two weeks ago then last night was a brick in the road that holed the sump on a test run...just after changing the oil and sump gaskets.......