Board logo

front cycle wings for Viento....
phil4521 - 7/2/10 at 10:08 PM

I am about to fit mine and I think they too narrow and short to pass the test- I bought them from Luego 5 yrs ago and they just dont seem big enough although they are shiney and gelcoated. They just about cover the width of the wheel but are too short.
Anyone got any sources to buy a cheap fibre glass set from they you know will fit Viento front tyres? I can swop them after...... thanks

dlatch - 7/2/10 at 11:17 PM

what size tyres you have?

Snuggs - 8/2/10 at 06:52 AM

Mine were the same.

Fit them so the front edge is correct and then make a mudflap to extend the rear.

Clive

wilkingj - 8/2/10 at 09:36 AM

Yup Mine are the same.

The original Luego Front mudguards are for 15" wheels.

The Viento doesnt look right with 15" wheels, and even the Luego changed their demo car to 17" wheels just before I bought mine. That was about 4.5 years ago.

As Snuggs says, fit correctly for the front edge, and fit Mudflaps to meet the IVA.
Check my Archive, I used a plastic Comma Oil Can for my flaps!! Cost nowt as they say... Very much in the spirit of the Locost tradition
Oh and easy to remove afterwards.
They are still fitted, due the the excessively amnout of Wet driving days I have found myself out on! They make a hell of a difference on the spray off the front wheels.

Also with 205 tyres the front guards ONLY JUST fit over the tyres with about 0.5mm to spare.
It took me two days the align and fix mine.
Use a straight edge against the wheel to check they cover the tyres properly.
Or fit some 15" Wheels with 185 tyres for the IVA.