Board logo

Viento side panels
BigFaceDave - 14/2/10 at 11:09 AM

When I bought my car I didn't get any side panels with it, So I want to make some, I have access to a gillotene and press and plasma cutter if needed.

I was just wondering if anyone has any drawing/plans or panels that they havent fitted yet which they could do a sketch with measurements so that I can work out what to make. Also what gauge should I be lookingf to make them out of? I was thinking of 2mm Ali. Many thanks Dave.

Andybarbet - 14/2/10 at 11:34 AM

I havent fitted my velocity panels yet, im not sure if they are the same as the viento ?
I know the viento is a wider car but im presuming its longer & taller too.
If they are the same, you are welcome to pop over at some point and take a template. Im working away for a week but will be around after that, maybe if someone could measure if there is a difference, that might help.
If not, good luck & im sure their are some people in your area that will reply.

wilkingj - 14/2/10 at 12:23 PM

Viento panels are longer than the Velocity.

Paper / cardboard template is my suggestion.

BigFaceDave - 14/2/10 at 12:30 PM

looking at it I would say there roughly 380 x 2500 ish so probably alot bigger than a velocity but thanks for the offer.

Paul (Notts) - 14/2/10 at 12:36 PM

Mine are fitted but I can draw up a diagram with dimensions ( approx) over the next week if its any help.

Paul

BigFaceDave - 14/2/10 at 03:47 PM

Paul, If you could that would be great! trying to find pics of the front of the panel and where about it stops at the back would be handy too!

Paul (Notts) - 14/2/10 at 07:25 PM

off work this week so will take some measurments..

pics Rescued attachment april 049.jpg
Rescued attachment april 049.jpg

Paul (Notts) - 14/2/10 at 07:27 PM

ahh a bit big Rescued attachment april 043.jpg
Rescued attachment april 043.jpg