Board logo

IVA Boycott
ashg - 26/3/09 at 11:31 PM

Should we all boycott applying for iva until they lower the crazy £450 price.

please express how you feel about the new fees. i for one am considering jacking my build in and forgetting the whole idea due to the cost of iva.

[Edited on 26/3/09 by ashg]

ReMan - 26/3/09 at 11:35 PM

Problem is it wont make any difference
In fact it would be a job well done, keeping all these dodgy kit cars off the road

vinnievector - 26/3/09 at 11:40 PM

As your little ditty says the tits make the rules we have to pay .

omega0684 - 26/3/09 at 11:46 PM

how long have you been building your car?

Dangle_kt - 26/3/09 at 11:46 PM

yeah we could all drive over to sweden and register our cars there...oh hang on the UK is one of the few places left in the world we can do what we do.

bugger - seems they already have us bent over, its a more a question of lube or no lube...

ashg - 26/3/09 at 11:57 PM

i started building on the 5th August 2008. so just coming up for 8 months. biggest pain in the ass is that it would be finished and sva'd if only i had the money. my current monthly budget for the car is around £150.

so with the extra cost of the new iva it will be about another 2months on top of my projected finish date. three months if i need a retest.

Just makes me feel a bit down knowing that it may not be on the road for summer.

tegwin - 27/3/09 at 12:00 AM

Sadly I dont think they will care....

In the governments eyes any form of individualism or self motivated common sense is a NO NO.....

Stick with it, get the car IVAd and enjoy sticking both fingers up to the retards we call goverment!

Staple balls - 27/3/09 at 12:01 AM

If a boycott would work, I would.

Course, as with all of these things, they're only punishing the reasonable law abiding people.

handyandy - 27/3/09 at 12:10 AM

the way i see it is this......
the goverment will get my money some how so it may as well be for something i feel that is good for me, not just the usual tax rises to bail out the banks etc, not wanting to get all political but at least i,ve spent the money (when i reach the need for the IVA) on ME,
just another case of screw the people that pay their way???

andy

blakep82 - 27/3/09 at 01:15 AM

ha ha less work for vosa then! don't think anything will make them lower any further...

as for bailing out banks, we'd ALL be in a MUCH worse position if they all went bust. or if most of them went and we were left with one or two.

as for paying the fee, don't pay with your own money. pay with ill gotten money, drugs money or something, or the proceeds from money laundering. that would be two fingers up to them

RK - 27/3/09 at 03:20 AM

It's a bit like arguing your property taxes. Good luck with that.

Ben Dover, I'm afraid.

Daddylonglegs - 27/3/09 at 05:52 AM

quote:
i for one am considering jacking my build in and forgetting the whole idea due to the cost of iva.

[Edited on 26/3/09 by ashg]

That's probably just what they want

To be honest, I'm with tegwin

Richard Quinn - 27/3/09 at 07:04 AM

Look at the number of ambulances, armoured vehicles, hearses, limos, imports etc all requiring IVA and then consider whether VOSA would actually miss the kit car builder!

stig mills - 27/3/09 at 09:07 AM

You could ask the manufacturer of your kit to submit the forms on your behalf. This would make it a VLV application (very low volume) and the fee is £199. At least the BIVA manual is free, re tests are £40 with some items free re test.

tomprescott - 27/3/09 at 09:23 AM

It seems in our country if you actually play the rules you get screwed over at every opportunity, I might just build mine to a standard that I think is safe and drive it unregistered.
Drive it like I stole it and see if they can catch me in an x5 - be fun for a week or ten!

mad-butcher - 27/3/09 at 11:08 AM

Well I'm very sorry to wee on your parade but if I'm bringing an subaru in on personal import at thousands less than dealer price a couple of hundred quid less on my saving ain't gonna bother me, so calling for a boycott isn't going to work

tony