Board logo

Registration and V55/4 or V55/5
wz1musik - 1/3/12 at 10:31 AM

got the IVA test booked and car has been built with new parts other than the usual donor parts from a ford sierra. i want to keep the age related plate from the donor and avoid a Q plate so i can put a private plate on the car.

which form should i use for the application? v55/4 or v55/5.

has anyone recently registered a car and kept an age related plate, if so how did you do it?

thanks in advance

loggyboy - 1/3/12 at 10:38 AM

V55/5 and a V627/1 to declare your source of parts.

wicket - 1/3/12 at 04:06 PM

Don't think they will let you use the number reg, it will be one from the same year.

loggyboy - 1/3/12 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wicket
Don't think they will let you use the number reg, it will be one from the same year.

Correct, you will get issued a 'random' age related plate, but you can still transfer a plate to it once the kit is registered as that 'year' (as long as the plate doesnt make it 'look' newer).
If you have a personal/cherished plate on the donor you need to put it on retention before you scrap the donor (it needs to have a current MoT). then you can put it back on the kit if after its registered!

[Edited on 1/3/12 by loggyboy]

wz1musik - 23/3/12 at 05:06 PM

IVA test now completed.

the engine is a bike engine and not the donor car engine, does this still mean v55/5 as you said. i read something about a point scoring system. all very confusing. all i want to do is keep an age related plate.

thanks for your help.

wes