Board logo

New builder in Banbury
Thatcher - 30/9/12 at 01:32 PM

Hi all

I am a new builder in the Banbury area and would like to know if there is any locost/haynes roadster builders or owners and meetings local to me as any help will be invaulable....

Thanks guys.

Tony T.

bob - 30/9/12 at 02:02 PM

Hi Tony

Have a look in clubs and events, the Oxfordshire locosters generally meet up once a month.

greed1 - 30/9/12 at 02:46 PM

Hi tony
Welcome to the site
I'm just out side Banbury, Mine will hopefully be on the road next month.
I havent seen any others in banbury yet Just a few driving through, So like bob said the oxfordshire one would be the best bet.
I didnt build mine just the finishing touches but id be glad to help out if you need an extra pair of hands at anytime.

Graham

DIY Si - 30/9/12 at 06:46 PM

I'm only up the road in Woodford, but am currently without a toy whilst I convert my old Sprite. More than happy to come and lend a hand if you need it!

PS, welcome!!

Thatcher - 3/10/12 at 08:52 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your replys guys, and your offers for help it will be returned any time. just a bit about me..... I work in Daventry as a composite trimmer doin all sorts of stuff from glass fibre to carbon fibre for all sorts of motorsport inc F1, wrc, indy, and the likes of Cosworth hence my engine choice a duratec 2.0 to type 9 gearbox to Sierra irs.....

Thanks again

Tony.....

scutter - 4/10/12 at 06:33 AM

Welcome to the mad house.

The Oxford group tend to meet up once a month, I'm down the road at Brize Norton.

I'm currently helping a mate build his Haynes Roadster racecar for next season, it'll run a Afla V6. Have a look in my photo archive under MD7.

ATB Dan.

Pete1974 - 9/12/12 at 02:21 PM

Hi I am building an mk bec and based in bloxham be good to hear from any one
Regards Pete

Thatcher - 14/12/12 at 07:46 PM

Hi Pete,

Its good hear that you are just up the road, what stage are you at? I am in the planning stage at the mo though I have some front uprights that I am cleaning up ready to be re plated. If you need any help drop us a line....

Tony.

Dave Ashurst - 14/12/12 at 09:30 PM

Cortina front uprights near(ish) to Banbury.

bones957 - 15/1/13 at 08:11 PM

I started my build in September using a BMW 2.8 auto. Still building the chassis but it's going well(so far!) what kind of help are u looking for?

bones957 - 15/1/13 at 08:13 PM

Oh, forgot to say I'm in the middle of banbury

Thatcher - 22/2/13 at 09:17 PM

What stage are yuo at bones?

mackei23b - 22/2/13 at 09:52 PM

Hi there

I'm based in Chipping Norton. Built an MK that was featured in complete Kit Car, then rebuilt a Westfield, now on to a Caterham, just fitted a mega squirt, cams and throttle bodies.

Cheers Ian