Board logo

Selling up! - Haynes Roadster - Equinox Bodywork (White) / Chassis / 1.8 1997 MX-5
stewcluley - 17/10/13 at 08:08 PM

(Edit : My mistake, its equinox bodywork for the standard haynes roadster)

Hi all.

Its been ages since ive been online. Work has been mental busy in the past few years, and im just not getting the time to keep at my Haynes kit car project. Ive done next to nothing since march, and now im being forced to move house, to somewhere smaller and it doesnt have a garage!

Im selling my equinox bodywork which is complete, never been fitted, not a mark on it, in white, with black front wings. This cost me £1000 a couple of years ago. Its all been stored in my spare room since, so is in as new condition.

Ive also got a haynes saturn mx5 based chassis which ive made from scratch. Its fully welded, but is just a basic chassis, with no front suspension mounts or steering brackets in yet. The chassis is true +/- 1mm in each direction, all MIG welded by myself (professional welder).

In addition i have a 1997 Mazda MX-5 1.8 122k miles car which has sat on my driveway for the past 3 years. It ran great the last time i fired it up (about a year ago). Its had a brand new altenator fitted about a year ago. It is covered in paint overspray, currently SORN'D and is not fit for road use.

Im happy to sell things seperatley or as a whole. Im open to any offers?

Cheers,
stewart

[Edited on 19/10/13 by stewcluley]

stewcluley - 19/10/13 at 12:08 PM

Willing to consider offers, this stuff must go unfortunatley. BUMP

Thanks, stewart

stevio73 - 20/10/13 at 03:06 AM

Have you still got it all or parts and if so what sort of offers would you be expecting?

Thatcher - 20/10/13 at 01:18 PM

Hi, do you have a price in mind for the bodywork.... Its not nice to hear about a project that has to end before completion.

Cheers.

stewcluley - 20/10/13 at 05:46 PM

Yes i still have everything for just now....make me an offer.....also remember im based in scotland.

Realistically id be looking for approx £500 for the bodywork as it is mint, but im open to offers. That would include the GRP seats and runners. Bought the mx5 for £700, its worth £300 quid any day, id get £150 for scrap value as it is. The chassis is worth a lot in terms of my man hours, but not much in actual value. Id sell it for very little, especially if someone was willing to buy anything else too. It would be nice to see someone get the use of some of this stuff.

Cheers,
stewart

stewcluley - 21/10/13 at 09:47 PM

Pictures of bodywork and seats can be found here...

http://s991.photobucket.com/user/Stewart_Cluley/library/

stewcluley - 22/10/13 at 09:04 PM

bodywork now sold. thanks for the interest.

car and chassis still for sale...

is the chassis of any interest to anyone....im virtually giving it away!

Nickp - 23/10/13 at 05:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stewcluley
bodywork now sold.

stewcluley - 23/10/13 at 09:11 PM

Few pics of the chassis.

Very tidy condition, some very slight dusting of rust on it, but noting a quick rub with sandpaper wouldnt sort.

Vx220pete - 28/12/13 at 10:09 PM

Longshot but is the chassis still for sale?
Cheers

stewcluley - 28/12/13 at 10:47 PM

Yeah still for sale mate.

Vx220pete - 29/12/13 at 02:47 PM

How much are you looking for?
Just getting some ideas together as one of my customers makes regular trips your way so pick up shouldn't be a problem but I'll have to ask them this week
Cheers

garyt - 11/4/14 at 10:13 AM

ever an optimist, do you still have the chassis i'm up nr elgin if so how much ?

stewcluley - 12/4/14 at 09:17 PM

chassis still available. its currently outside so has a light surface rust, but nothing that wouldnt clean off with a flap disc. make me an offer....needs to go.....

garyt - 13/4/14 at 08:12 PM

u2u sent regards Gary