Board logo

Helpful Locoster in Leeds area wanted
robocog - 22/9/10 at 09:35 PM

Spotted some stuff on eBay in Leeds, and really fancy putting a cheeky bid in (ends Friday evening)
The seller however wants nowt to do with using a courrier despite me saying I would happily arrange and at most the items would only need a single layer of cardboard wrapping round em and is insisting its pickup only

Have emailed the seller to try and narrow down the area - and he's just emailed back to say "killingbeck police station LS14"

Items are fairly big, but look like a pair should easily fit into a modern hatch with seats folded down

It's too far for me to go and pickup in person

Anyone close to "Leeds" willing to collect said items (assuming they remain at a good price) and wrap in a layer of cardboard and allow a courrier to collect on a day that suits?

Beer tokens can be offered in exchange :-)

Regards
Rob

[Edited on 22/9/10 by robocog]

RichardK - 22/9/10 at 09:38 PM

Hi Rob, quite often in Leeds so I can help if needed mate, where abouts is it?

Cheers

Rich

robocog - 22/9/10 at 09:39 PM

You have U2U :-)

RichardK - 22/9/10 at 09:41 PM

No problem, go past Killingbeck frequently, bid away!

robocog - 22/9/10 at 09:48 PM

Will bear your kind offer in mind
Bidding on another pre made jobbie locally which ends tomorrow and will put in a last second snipe if things dont work out on that one

Will let you know as soon as I know :-)

Regards
Rob

speed8 - 23/9/10 at 04:34 AM

I would offer but I'm offshore just now.

robocog - 23/9/10 at 03:56 PM

Thanks for the kind offer n all that
Just managed to win the one I was looking at locally
Ended up paying slightly over the odds...but I have a roll cab now, so my tools will hopefully no longer live on the dining room floor in a pile resembling an explosion in Machine Mart :-)

For the curious I was looking at buying the following..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270636674680&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

The plan was to bolt these together and weld an exoskeleton from angle iron and square tube , magic up some heavy duty castors and Locost a roll cab/tool cupboard

Now just need to get the garage started so I have somewhere more suitable to put it and my tools...LOL

Regards
Rob