Board logo

Banham bargain on the bay of e...
Humbug - 20/9/10 at 12:57 PM

Apparently "DOES NOT NEED SVA CHECK ( AS NO STRUCTURAL CHANGES TO METRO)"... I never realised that the roof, window pillars, etc. weren't structural

linky

Just sent him a question on ebay...

[Edited on 20.09.2010 by Humbug]

nick205 - 20/9/10 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
Apparently "DOES NOT NEED SVA CHECK ( AS NO STRUCTURAL CHANGES TO METRO)"... I never realised that the roof, window pillars, etc. weren't structural

linky

Just sent him a question on ebay...

[Edited on 20.09.2010 by Humbug]

Not sure there'd be much change in structural rigidity of the Metro, not much there to begin with

dinosaurjuice - 20/9/10 at 01:39 PM

having seen a metro after it rolled over i would be happy to declare the door pillars and roof as not structural

MikeR - 20/9/10 at 01:46 PM

Just asked how he gets on with the manfacturer / will he support me as i didn't by the car off him

Can you fit a larger engine, like the 1.8K from a MGF / elise (ok, i wanted to try and make it look like i was an honest inquiry).

finally I asked about IVA as i think its replaced SVA and as the car is a monocoque and you've removed the roof i'd need one ....

scootz - 20/9/10 at 03:09 PM

... come on then - who bought it!?

Humbug - 20/9/10 at 03:24 PM

Not me... but he did reply to my comment saying it needed IVA: "ok fine, you know more than us as we were told it didnt need one"

g.gilo - 20/9/10 at 05:13 PM

seems like some folks on here missed out on the kgb recruitment drive.

Ben_Copeland - 20/9/10 at 05:33 PM

Hopefully no one bought it.. its proper nasty !!

iank - 20/9/10 at 06:44 PM

To be fair to him Paul Banham was telling people they didn't need SVA for years - until he was forced to by the DVLA.

MikeR - 20/9/10 at 08:44 PM

thats basically the reply i got - the factory told the previous owners they didn't need a SVA.