Board logo

Evolution chop saw?
coozer - 24/4/14 at 08:27 PM

Is it possible to change my cut off saw (abrasive) with an Evolution type blade?

I'm thinking of what tools I need to make my new chassis..

Anyone use a Evo saw for chassis tube cutting? Any good?

Are these any good?

EVOLUTION FURY 3 CHOP SAW SLIDING COMPOUND MITRE SAW

[Edited on 24/4/14 by coozer]

CRAIGR - 24/4/14 at 08:35 PM

I've got an evolution saw here still in a nice BIG box i've never opened .lol

coozer - 24/4/14 at 08:39 PM

Is the box 700 x 400 x 400 by any chance??

CRAIGR - 24/4/14 at 08:42 PM

Not a bloomin clue but more like a cube i think

coozer - 24/4/14 at 09:00 PM

Thats the size I need for your stuff..

CRAIGR - 24/4/14 at 09:04 PM

Will measure it up tomorrow.
No idea if they're any good though .

fazerruss - 24/4/14 at 09:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Is it possible to change my cut off saw (abrasive) with an Evolution type blade?

I'm thinking of what tools I need to make my new chassis..

Anyone use a Evo saw for chassis tube cutting? Any good?

Are these any good?

EVOLUTION FURY 3 CHOP SAW SLIDING COMPOUND MITRE SAW

simple answer NO

A 14 inch abrasive chop saw runs at 3750 rpm where as a 14 inch evolution only runs a 1450 rpm

liam.mccaffrey - 24/4/14 at 10:22 PM

I have one, it does what it says on the tin but they are super bloody loud and the blades go off fairly quickly.

They do cut lovely mitres but given the choice I'd buy a 14in chop saw. I have both by the way and the rage hasn't been out the box since 08.

Barlidge - 25/4/14 at 07:10 AM

I use a couple of drops of cutting lube on each cut, seems to extend the life somewhat.

Irony - 25/4/14 at 08:21 AM

I have a Rage Pro 255mm Sliding Mitre Saw. Yes it will cut wood, it will cut mild steel and Ali and everything. I refurbished my house (new kitchen, new laminate floors etc) and built a big shed from scratch with it. The blades last a reasonable time, I need a new one now. They won't cut much mild steel without taking the edge off. The saw needs recalibrating quite a lot and the 'laser' is next to useless.

I think they are a good 'budget' saw. They won't compare to a professional level one but then they are the quarter of the price. There for household DIY though not chassis building. You'll have to buy a metal blade for it. A dedicated chop saw might be a better option.

Interesting I bought a Diamond Blade for mine and retiled my kitchen. It would cut five or six tiles at a time.

FuryRebuild - 25/4/14 at 08:30 AM

I have one that has cut about 6 pieces of wood.

I still have the box and would love to see it go to a good home, and I get some space back.

I'm open to offers

M

coozer - 25/4/14 at 01:48 PM

Ok, I'm after a machine to cut the suspension parts out of a 3mm sheet nice and easy...