Board logo

Microsoft MOSS enviroment
snapper - 12/3/15 at 08:58 AM

Why o why o why is Microsoft MOSS so mind numbingly bland and uninteresting?
I run Apple for my digital edit suite but can't connect this through our MOSS system for security reasons so day to day I only really use the MOSS for emails and information. The MOSS enviroment is just awful I don't even want to turn it on in the mornings how can an office system be so crushingly bland and un-inviting?

Slimy38 - 12/3/15 at 10:35 AM

I've never liked any of the Sharepoint systems to be honest. I've not found one that isn't done a thousand times better by other products.

Fieldy - 12/3/15 at 04:00 PM

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Do you mean you want to have a repository/folder in SharePoint to store files? What editing suite are you using?

oh and what version of MOSS are you running?

Matt

[Edited on 12/3/15 by Fieldy]

snapper - 12/3/15 at 04:18 PM

A general rant on how bloody horrible it is to use
I am on a secure system that I have no control over, my working enviroment is Apple and I love it MOSS is just horrible but then I am a media creative where visuals are important

Fieldy - 12/3/15 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snapper
A general rant on how bloody horrible it is to use
I am on a secure system that I have no control over, my working enviroment is Apple and I love it MOSS is just horrible but then I am a media creative where visuals are important

Ah OK, my bad, i presumed you were looking for a solution to the problem... there are ways around security issues using group policy and mapping folders to drives etc

But yes it looks rubbish