Board logo

Trailer Borrow Please - NE
T66 - 12/5/11 at 03:48 PM

Hi,

I have the use of a huge trailer, but dont have the car to tow it with (4x4) , guy at work offered but Its a trashy day collecting it in one day (Northumberland-Leicestershire) and fitting in with his commitments is not easy.

So decided to fit a tow hitch - which is now on. (2009 Focus 1600) thinking I would just be able to crack on and collect the car on my own - WRONG !

Rang indispension who do trailer hire for £60 a day, but I also need my paper licence - which I havent seen for years and have just spent an hour looking for.

Anyone got a trailer suitable to go behind a Focus and sit an ultra light Fiat 126 on ? Based in the NE area.

I am actually just looking to get the car back north, without farting on with dvla and waiting for my paper licence- yes I have a licence without any convictions on it .

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Ivan

DarrenW - 12/5/11 at 03:56 PM

Im sure a couple of the lads on ne7ers mailing list have trailers.

owelly - 12/5/11 at 04:56 PM

One here in Whitby you can borrow!!

Krismc - 12/5/11 at 05:12 PM

I borrowed one today from a lad in south shields £40 a day - its a brian james low slung on with winch and wheel stops. and a couple of ties but ive got 4 if you need any more

T66 - 12/5/11 at 05:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Krismc
I borrowed one today from a lad in south shields £40 a day - its a brian james low slung on with winch and wheel stops. and a couple of ties but ive got 4 if you need any more

happy with £40 - will it tow ok with my 1600 focus ?

If so - u2 the lads number I will give him a ring, is he on locost ?

Will try a bit nearer first Owelly thanks - might be back in touch

cheers

Ivan

Craigman9 - 12/5/11 at 05:57 PM

All the best people are from South Shields Kris.............

T66 - 12/5/11 at 06:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Craigman9
All the best people are from South Shields Kris.............

Need to have a crack with Kris re his trailer borrow -

Are you prejudiced about folk from North Shields then ? (me)

Krismc - 22/5/11 at 09:02 AM

North is the best side of the river mate!! im from hadrian village (near willington quay)

Craigman9 - 22/5/11 at 09:10 AM

No not at all!

I just might be slightly biased towards the South side