Board logo

Locost Number Plates
skint scotsman - 17/11/06 at 03:19 PM

Hi Guys,

I am looking to start supplying LocostBuilder branded number plates
as below:

the price would be £15 plus p+p
i would be looking to do a run of ten to start with.

other options are available obviously at an extra cost .

Thanks to Chris_R for the logo design

any way looking for a show of hands b4 i order in the materials

cheers
sKiNt

Jon Ison - 17/11/06 at 04:03 PM

Like this you mean ? Poor piccy due too light and my lack of photographic skills.......... Rescued attachment plate.JPG
Rescued attachment plate.JPG

mookaloid - 17/11/06 at 04:14 PM

I don't know about everyone else's car but I only need 2 number plates. 10 is a bit of overkill for one car.....

RazMan - 17/11/06 at 04:18 PM

Also, what are the chances of 10 cars having the same reg number?!

02GF74 - 17/11/06 at 04:25 PM

thanks, but no use to me - not my reg.

seriously; can you do one placcy one for rear and a sticky one for the front?

aren't they supposed to have BS and manufacturers name to be legal?

skint scotsman - 17/11/06 at 04:28 PM

@ CaLviNx have pm'ed chris w

@Jon Ison yeah they would have the e-mail address along the bottom

@ the rest bunch a wise guys eehhh?

any body want put there name down ?

yeah could do stick ones for the front

they are legal font and size just no bs

[Edited on 17/11/06 by skint scotsman]

MikeR - 17/11/06 at 04:36 PM

thought all new plates had to have the post code of the place making them on it?

skint scotsman - 17/11/06 at 04:46 PM

ok so lets call them reflective acrylic faced sign at size 520mm x 110mm

locogeoff - 17/11/06 at 05:33 PM

Is this law about kite marks and requiring documentation an English thing cause I walked into halfrauds and got plates for the tintop just by quoting the number?

stevebubs - 17/11/06 at 05:39 PM

Yes. Legally have to show "proof of right to use" plates when buying them, i.e. V5C

[Edited on 17/11/06 by stevebubs]

TangoMan - 17/11/06 at 06:39 PM

Also, anyone selling plates for use on registered vehicles (ie not at point of first registration) must be registered to supply. There are strict rules regarding sale of these including supplier postcode and correct font and spacing. The logo at the bottom has to be within a maximum size also. Records have to be kept of those supplied and proof of ownership is required prior to supplying.

As with most laws though, they only apply to those who try to comply. If you ingore the rules no-one cares but if you try to comply and fail they seem to take an interest. The number of plate suppliers on ebay shows that the law doesn't work. AS your average policeman won't know the law, why worry.

As I can make my own up for about £3.00 I won't be needing any but £15 seems to be a fair price if compared against ebay prices.

James - 17/11/06 at 07:39 PM

When did the law come in?

The fact that most of us have plates with dates pre- the date when the law came in... who's gonna spot it?

I spose if they knew the law and did a PNC check, saw when the car was registered... it could be a problem but that's all.

Cheers,
James

DIY Si - 17/11/06 at 07:45 PM

I can;t see it being a problem. I've had a cheap sticky on on the front of a mini for ages. Even been pulled over by the plod, and they didn't even look at it. Can't see it being a problem.

hillbillyracer - 17/11/06 at 09:02 PM

I dunno if it's true but I have been told that it doesnt apply in Scotland. Which would be totally stupid cos even if it were enforced in England (which it isnt) anyone wanting plates for their stolen gettaway car would just go north.
This type of stupidity means it's probably true.

James R - 17/11/06 at 11:41 PM

It is true about it not applying in Scotland. If you go to Halfords in Carlisle, they'l want proof of ownership, hop over the border and they won't. I don't understand the logic either.

skint scotsman - 18/11/06 at 09:26 AM

as stated above i am just supplying reflective acrylic faced sign at size 520mm x 110mm .....its up to you where you put them.

so it hapens to be on a car wow never heard of any of my custumers doing that honestly occifer

skint scotsman - 19/11/06 at 05:03 PM

bump

skint scotsman - 23/11/06 at 10:49 PM

and again