Board logo

Moving House - DOUBLE GARAGE!
Dangle_kt - 26/11/10 at 06:00 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No more bashing my shins on the car, or getting a bad back from bending like a gymnast, or a 5 minute car climb to get the tool I left on the other side of the garage, or having to slide the car sideways 6 inches on the trolly jack so I can get the extension bar in without bashing my hands on the wall.

Roll on the 1st Jan!

RichardK - 26/11/10 at 06:04 PM

Very jealous mate... Hope the move goes well.

Cheers

Rich

StevieB - 26/11/10 at 06:09 PM

Fantastic stuff - and a house attached to it as well as a bonus!

I'd really love a double garage, but my fear would be that I'd just fill it with more stuff. The dream (or interim dream, anyway!) is for a decent sized double garage so I can have a space for my car and motorbikes and also a space for working in. Double garage would be perfect.

Dangle_kt - 26/11/10 at 06:12 PM

we are only renting it, as we just cant get our house sold, but need to be moved to get into the right school.

An extra £45 a month is all that is the difference between a semi detached 3 bed, single garage to a detached 4 bed, double garage, en suite etc.

So i'll cancel virgin which we never watch anyway (approx £60 a month) and settle for not watching freeview instead

marcjagman - 26/11/10 at 06:25 PM

Double garage, hhhhmmm, want a lodger?

Stott - 26/11/10 at 06:29 PM

My shift mate in work has just bought a house with a double garage too. First time buyer.

He keeps going on about it, 2 windows, spiral stairs leading up into it, what tool box do you think I should buy, there's lots of room, I fancy a bigger compressor, ooh this shot blast cabinet looks nice, electric up n over, door, blah blah blah blah, I hate you all................................................................................

Dangle_kt - 26/11/10 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman
Double garage, hhhhmmm, want a lodger?

Your as bad as my wife!!!

ITS MY GARAGE! No one else is getting a look in

MINE!!!

Mr G - 26/11/10 at 06:43 PM

The problem with mine is I've made it too comfy, I added a kettle,fridge,microwave,laptop with mobile broadband and satellite dish along with tv. I now need to add a urinal due to all the cups of tea I'm drinking while watching sky

Stott - 26/11/10 at 06:51 PM

I had an old telly in mine for all of a day. I wasn't getting enough done so it went up the tip!

The worst is a guy in work with me. He used to have a roofing firm and was earning £3K a week in the 80's fitting out buildings around london, he's a recycling guy now but still has some cash backup. He's got an LCD in there, a beer fridge, 2 cars a bike and a quad plus his trailers etc.

He said the other day, "it's coming nice now, just added another 24 foot on the width"

I sh1t you not, the bar steward.......

The same guy dropped a roofing sheet once which went straight through the roof of his week old Grananda, so he went and bought another new one the next day. Plenty of dough I tell thee!

Paul TigerB6 - 26/11/10 at 06:56 PM

So come on then - tell us........... when the letting agent showed you around, did you actually take any notice of the house or were you too keen to get to the garage???

Dangle_kt - 26/11/10 at 08:04 PM

I havn't even seen it. The Mrs did all that, I just saw the picture of the double garage and said..."where do I sign?"

Worryingly enough that is actually how it happened, and not forum banter.

owelly - 26/11/10 at 08:31 PM

I bought my first house without looking inside. I saw the barn and put in an offer. And the rest is history. Incidentally, the house was crap but I got four cars in the barn and it had two more floors to fill with trinkets. I converted the barn into a house, sold it just as the arse fell out of the market and paid way too much for the place I'm in now. This place has a big single garage stuck to the front of the house but room for a big garage and workshop when I've saved up £10k to build it...

skodaman - 27/11/10 at 02:39 AM

Surprisingly even a double garage isn't big enough. Well i've got a three-piece suite and a washing machine in mine so it's not that surprising.

speed8 - 27/11/10 at 09:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by skodaman
Surprisingly even a double garage isn't big enough. Well i've got a three-piece suite and a washing machine in mine so it's not that surprising.

yeah, I can confirm that.

The house I just sold had a wider than usual double garage with a pit. After 4 years there I was starting to think that a 3 or 4 car garage would be nice.

Only sold the place because 2 beds wasn't enough and no scope to move so renting with a single garage just now and it's hell. Looking for a double or space to build one when we buy again.

steve m - 27/11/10 at 10:20 AM

My ideal house would be a four car garage, one bedroom place

Paul TigerB6 - 27/11/10 at 10:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by steve m

With an oversized American style fridge for the beer

Dangle_kt - 27/11/10 at 11:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
quote:
Originally posted by steve m

With an oversized American style fridge for the beer

And an au pair with a "thing" for grubby overalls.

Mr G - 27/11/10 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt

And an au pair with a "thing" for grubby overalls.

That's no good for skodaman, he's got a washing machine in his garage - his overalls are spotless

[Edited on 27/11/10 by Mr G]

jossey - 27/11/10 at 01:40 PM

well done :O)

hope you got a nice house too and didnt just buy the first house with a double garage lol

dave

steve m - 27/11/10 at 05:42 PM

"hope you got a nice house too and didnt just buy the first house with a double garage lol "

I would