Board logo

Yet another job post!
Craigman9 - 18/5/11 at 06:26 PM

Hi Guys,

Firstly, I must apologise about another work related post as there have been a few recently. I am 21 years old and last year qualified as a marine engineer. I am now working for a large shipping company on an anchor handling ship in the med. However, I have decided working away for long periods of time is not suited to me due to reasons at home.

As im still young I want to change while I can before I leave it to late. I am looking for shore based jobs either in the North East or Glasgow. Anyone got any suggestions as to what I could look out for etc?

Cheers
Craig

jacko - 18/5/11 at 06:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Craigman9
Hi Guys,

Firstly, I must apologise about another work related post as there have been a few recently. I am 21 years old

As im still young I want to change while I can before I leave it to late. I am looking for shore based jobs either in the North East or Glasgow. Anyone got any suggestions as to what I could look out for etc?

Cheers
Craig

Worried at 21 its not good for us 55 's then

Ninehigh - 18/5/11 at 06:48 PM

First thing would be ask your boss, they might have something closer to home

Craigman9 - 18/5/11 at 06:55 PM

Unfortunately not an option as the company is Danish, all offices etc are in Copenhagen

chrisxr2 - 18/5/11 at 07:11 PM

Google all the job agencies near were you want to work and get ringing and emailing.

Neville Jones - 18/5/11 at 07:48 PM

Any ferry companies local? I know the Solent ferries are always after engineers.

If I was 21 again, and had the money, I'd train as a plumber/gasfitter. With your marine engineer ticket, you're half way there or more. £80 call out and £20 per 1/4 hr!!!!!

Cheers,
Nev.