Board logo

All in one printer
peterparsons - 9/1/07 at 11:12 PM

anyone got an all in one printer. I'm thinking of buying one, but which one, can you recomend any ?

donut - 9/1/07 at 11:15 PM

I have just bought a Cannon Pixma MP160 for £59 and it's bloody fast at printing!! Took me by surprise !! Good scans too.

ReMan - 9/1/07 at 11:32 PM

http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Multifunctionals/Multifunctionals/index.asp

Whatever! But, if you're going to do any quantity of printing, get one with seperate ink tanks.

[Edited on 9/1/07 by ReMan]

spunky - 10/1/07 at 01:31 AM

got a Lexmark P4330, does allsorts, has card slots to operate as stand alone photo printer if you are so inclined.
Cost me about £60 IIRC

Main reason for buying Lexmark is the cartridges are cheaper though.

John

chockymonster - 10/1/07 at 07:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by spunky
got a Lexmark P4330, does allsorts, has card slots to operate as stand alone photo printer if you are so inclined.
Cost me about £60 IIRC

Main reason for buying Lexmark is the cartridges are cheaper though.

John

But get drunk twice as fast by the nice little printer

Guinness - 10/1/07 at 07:38 AM

I need one that does A3 prints for work!

Is there a website that allows you to work out how much each print is costing you?

I don't want to get a cheap printer and end up spending a fortune on ink!

Mike

muzchap - 10/1/07 at 09:06 AM

Get an Epson then - plenty of cheap ink on ebay!

Bang for buck - epson seems to be the cheapest

graememk - 10/1/07 at 10:19 AM

epson, but buy gen ink there new printers you can buy gen ink for £7 each not worth buggering up a good printer with shite ink

geoff shep - 11/1/07 at 10:09 PM

Yes, I've got an HP psc 1210 - very impressive quality for scanning and printing. HP cartridges are more expensive than epson. Useful to have one that works independently of the pc which makes it handy for photcopying without having to boot up the pc. Had an epson previously, current one is smaller and lighter so fairly portable too but I think the next one will be epson again, 6 colours and capable of printing onto cd/dvd discs. eg Epson Stylus Photo RX560