Board logo

type 9 bolt pattern
goodall - 9/8/09 at 09:11 PM

hi been trying to measure the bolt pattern between the bell housing and the gearbox this evening, allow i have fairly certainly decided the distance between the bolt holes, i cant work out the center on the input shaft relative to the holes.
i need to know this for so i can make a adaptor between the t9 and the 924 bell i have bought. its simpler on the bell, the input shaft hole is in the middle of the bolts.

so i need a drawing or some info on the bolt pattern of a type 9

thanks stephen

owelly - 9/8/09 at 09:54 PM

I photocopied a bellhousing. Is that any good??

goodall - 9/8/09 at 10:02 PM

might work, could try importing it into autocad and measure it using that using one known size
i bought the box without a bell which i think may be making it more difficult for me
did you use the photocopy to get a plate cut on the profiler when you made your custom bell owelly?

it could make a good article in ppc making bells and adaptors ete

Trev Borg - 9/8/09 at 10:03 PM

like this ?

owelly - 9/8/09 at 10:15 PM

Come to think of it, I may have that end on CAD.

Trev Borg - 9/8/09 at 10:16 PM

do you recognise the writing

[Edited on 9/8/2009 by Trev Borg]

goodall - 9/8/09 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Trev Borg

like this ?

perfect! i found that the dimensions seemed all be in imperial, how ever if well enough measured in metric will be good enough, as will locate concentrically on gearbox spigot

Trev Borg - 9/8/09 at 10:25 PM

i think this is from owelly's original pattern for the alfa to type 9

owelly - 13/8/09 at 06:20 PM

Yup. Those are my scribblings! I can't guarantee they are perfect but I've made three bellhousings, and a handfull of spacers and they've all fit!!

RichardSIA - 26/11/13 at 06:26 AM

I'm trying to match up a T9 and Alfa Spider 2000 engine for my Marcos.

I've used punches to map out the Alfa side fairly closely but a proper drawing would be better.

How thick did you make your adapter and what did you do about the overlapping hole at the bottom?
My T9 has a cover over the layshaft retained by three bolts.
That cover comes up under one of the Alfa bell attachment bolt locations.

Does that cover mean this is a V6 box?
It was sold to me as coming from a Merkur.

owelly - 26/11/13 at 09:27 AM

The Alfa engine I used was the V6. I didn't make adaptor plates as such, but scratch built bellhousings. I may have a couple of bellhousing photocopies tucked away somewhere but I doubt they'll be any good to you!