Board logo

MS2 extra efi Turbo Setting up
aidan46 - 5/7/12 at 05:44 PM

Just about ready to start my bike turbo engine on megasquirt 2,.... just wondering tho do i need to set up for speed density and how to calculated the required fuel for a turbo engine? ta

mark chandler - 5/7/12 at 05:54 PM

Mine uses MAP, only squirting though.

There's a copy of the VE table and settings file in my photo archive.

Hope that helps

Regards Mark

[Edited on 5/7/12 by mark chandler]

aidan46 - 5/7/12 at 07:27 PM

how do u calculate the required fuel for a turbo engine?

matt_gsxr - 5/7/12 at 08:08 PM

Are you running individual throttle bodies, or a single throttle body?

In the case of the former (where I have some practical experience) you will find that the throttle position can affect the airflow without having an appreciable affect on the MAP.

I have heard of people using MAP multiply option (this scales the fuel with the MAP), and alpha-N with some success.

In my case I run dual table multiply. There was an earlier discussion on this and Dale (Bailey Motorsport) suggested tuning the TPS/RPM table with the wastgate fixed open, and then tune the MAP/RPM table after that.

Well done for making such fast progress.

aidan46 - 5/7/12 at 09:24 PM

cheers!....still have to get my inter-cooler plumbed in!...Im using individual tb's zx6r Kawasaki......im a bit confused when u refer to map are we talking about the speed density control algorithm? if so what would my max %MAP be set at (say 150?) should this be the same for my AFR and Ignition Tables?

mark chandler - 5/7/12 at 10:21 PM

Description
Description

I knew 8 PSI was my maximum so no point going above 150kPa

Then logged the car, struck the results into excel and graphed, then grouped the MAP sensor pressure against the most used values, if you look at the table you can see the values are not linear.

Megasquirt also predicts where the values are going, so although my blade engine will hit 12,500rpm did not apply any values above 11,000 rpm, again if you look the RPM is also not linear, from idle its got a closer grouping as this is harder to achieve a smooth progression.

Regards Mark

[Edited on 5/7/12 by mark chandler]

aidan46 - 6/7/12 at 11:34 AM

Should my air temperature sensor be mounted inside the plenum chamber?

mark chandler - 6/7/12 at 10:59 PM

Yes, it needs to measure the boosted heat so in the plenum or after the intercooler in the pipework.

aidan46 - 19/7/12 at 05:45 PM

Just wondering what sort of fuel pressure are you guy's running? I assume the pressure need's to be increased after a turbo is installed.