Board logo

suggestions on where to go on holiday...
mads - 25/2/10 at 06:35 PM

right, i'm actually going to take some time off and go on holiday with the other half. No ideas where so opening it up for ideas on here. Only criteria is as below:

- budget <£500 each
- 1 week only
- somewhere warm therefore abroad
- fully inclusive ideally
- things to do as well as sit by beach/pool (i am an activity person)
- going in July so prefer place where no/few kids
- flying from Midlands airport

any suggestions?

[Edited on 26/2/10 by mads]

BenB - 25/2/10 at 06:46 PM

Not sure if these fit any of the criteria but personally my favorite places in the world for a beach holiday are

1) Korcula / Mijet in Croatia (islands off the coast)
2) Fiskardo in Kefalonia (or Assos if you want really quiet- check the road down to the village- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXkcylvMafY. Amazing road to drive down one day I'll take the Seven)
3) Ko Tao in Thailand (especially Mango Bay Beach resort)

I've been to the 1st four times, the second three times (going back this summer too ) and the 3rd twice (and would go back if I could).
To be fair none of them are all-inclusive but hey...

twybrow - 25/2/10 at 06:48 PM

Turkey!

russbost - 25/2/10 at 06:49 PM

AI in Egypt at Sharm on the red sea was ridiculously cheap, very hot & more fish to snorkel after than you can throw a stick at & no, unless you're daft or very unlucky you won't get Montezumas!

Worzey - 25/2/10 at 06:53 PM

SWMBO is Croatian so we normally end up there - been at least once every year for the past 15

Pula is great if you like sightseeing (esp. Roman stuff) and the beach in Umag is worderful.

Krk, Rovinj and most of Istria is great and plenty of all-inclusive deals to be had.

I was born in Cyprus so that is also highly recommended - Paphos is a favorite of mine. Lots to see and do.

dogwood - 25/2/10 at 07:17 PM

Cape D'Agde...Everyone should go there at least once...

britishtrident - 25/2/10 at 08:30 PM

Tight budget try Malta, Greek island or Turkey.

Tipster69 - 25/2/10 at 08:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dogwood
Cape D'Agde...Everyone should go there at least once...

Is that the "naturist" beach on the French Med ? If so that avatar of our Motorhome was taken a few miles down the coast at Sete.

rickys2000 - 25/2/10 at 09:51 PM

Angela Hotel in Sissi Crete. Lovely little boutique hotel in a picturesque fishing village.

tomprescott - 25/2/10 at 10:25 PM

Depends what you like doing, my last holiday was to zante (perfect for a 20 year old but probably not for anyone over 30) but I'd love to go to catalonia and spend some time trying to learn some VERY basic flamenco guitar, or to some of thai combat resorts (another hobby of mine) - depends what you want to do!

nitram38 - 25/2/10 at 10:40 PM

I've heard Madeira is cheap at the moment..................I'll get my coat

norm007 - 26/2/10 at 09:15 AM

I've heard Madeira is cheap at the moment..................I'll get my coat ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------

I`ve heard that Iraq and Afghanistan are also extremely cheap at the moment

[Edited on 26/2/10 by norm007]

[Edited on 26/2/10 by norm007]

dogwood - 28/2/10 at 08:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tipster69

Is that the "naturist" beach on the French Med ? If so that avatar of our Motorhome was taken a few miles down the coast at Sete.

That's the place.....