Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Flywheel fitting
Cubby

posted on 28/10/08 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Flywheel fitting

Hi ,

Can anyone confirm for that the flywheel on a Balcktop Zetec can only be fitted in one position relative to the crankshaft holes . The engine ran fine before I took it off to replace the rear oil seal but now it won't start and appears like the igniton timing is way off and firing at the wrong time . Impressive quantites of flame from throotle bodies and exhaust but won't start . Could I have it fitted 180 degrees out for example ?
Engine is running on Alpha full injection .

Quite depressed so giving up for today !

Danozeman

posted on 28/10/08 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
The silver top zetecs can only be fitted one way as the holes are spaced different so im sure the black tops will be the same.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

snapper

posted on 28/10/08 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
Your Crank position sensor reads of the flywheel so i suspect there the problem lays.
On the Megajolt the sensor is 90 degrees to the missing tooth when the engine is at TDC

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

rusty nuts

posted on 28/10/08 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Might be worth taking the crank sensor out and turning the engine over while probing for the missing hole in the flywheel , you should be able to work out crank position from the marks on the pulley??. I would have thought it possible to fit the flywheel in one position only.
snapper

posted on 28/10/08 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
After consulting with my Girls boyfriend, he asked whether you could have moved the crank prior to re fitting the flywheel, shouldn't make any difference unless it has caused some ECU confusion

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

Dusty

posted on 28/10/08 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Only fits in one position so not possible to mess it up. Blacktop or silvertop are the same and the flywheels are interchangeable.

[Edited on 28/10/08 by Dusty]

Cubby

posted on 28/10/08 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks just had that nasty feeling as normally I mark them prior to taking them off but due to my excitement I pulled it off just momentarily before my brain kicked in and it was then too late.

I'll pull out the crank sensor tomorrow to double check . Any one know where the sensor is (degrees) to the missing tooth when the engine is at TDC

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.