Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: scrapage scheme ? please help
andyharding

posted on 8/10/09 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
I appreciate some people work hard for little gaff but the fact is I give more to the "system" (in tax payments) than they do and yet I get less back. How is that fair?

Where's the motivation for people to do better in life than stay on benefits?

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

andyharding

posted on 8/10/09 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
And I'm not being a prick, the previous poster has judged me as someone who does not deserve handouts because of the amount I earn. What gives him the right?

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

JoelP

posted on 8/10/09 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyharding
I appreciate some people work hard for little gaff but the fact is I give more to the "system" (in tax payments) than they do and yet I get less back. How is that fair?

Its fair, because you still have more than them! People talk about folk who live on benefits, but trust me, its a grubby boring life they live. My wife has a friend with 3 kids and no job and they are perminantly broke, nothing to live for except each other. They live in an area like beiruit, no car, no outings, no holidays etc. Its not all its cracked up to be!

But this thread isnt about people on benefits, because they cant usually afford a new car anyway.

But seriously, if i was thinking of buying a car for £34k id feel bad expecting the gov to chip in.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Peteff

posted on 9/10/09 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyharding

People who are on benefits through choice are not the kind of people buying cars on scrappage schemes, they steal them from people who do. I'd written a long reply but then thought, why bother ? Your sig line sums up your attitude for me, I don't begrudge you your money why should you insult my car ?

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

morcus

posted on 9/10/09 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
You miss understand. Its not about deserving money, its about running an economy. Noone deserves £2k of a car, but giving people who wouldn't otherwise buy a new car incentive to do so will do much more for the economy than giving someone who can afford to buy a 34K car a much smaller proportional discount.

Another couple of things you seem to have missed, firstly people on benefits won't be buying new cars, even at two grand off you couldn't afford it on benefits.

Also, how do you know how much tax everyone else is paying? Someone earning less than you could easilly be paying more tax than you which would be a bigger proportion of their income. I don't take to kindly to being sworn at and I'm sure theres rules against it. You basically complained that you didn't get a discount for replacing a good car with another good car.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.