Author: Subject: B*st*rds..Just been Robbed
richardh

posted on 21/1/10 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
name the hotel and shame

Time for a change!

Andi

posted on 21/1/10 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
I got robbed while out of my hotel room in Inverness. On my honeymoon
Hotel states no liability unless you use the hotel safe.
Cards, cash and unopened wedding pressies.
Couldnt even pay the hotel until I had some dosh wired to me.
Should have known that marriage was doomed

[Edited on 21/1/10 by Andi]

02GF74

posted on 21/1/10 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
ouch!!!

don't kick yourself too hard - let me do it

the thieves are well practised so it is easy to get fooled.

hope you get your cash back - that is a shed load

mistergrumpy

posted on 21/1/10 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
There's no point really. This isn't uncommon with hotels.
l0rd

posted on 21/1/10 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
I am really sorry to hear that.

When i go to hotels, i never leave anything lying around. Everything is locked inside my suitcases all the time.

I hope they find the Bas****rd and let you alone with him in a locked room where you would have all your tools.

Best of luck.

keith777

posted on 21/1/10 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Rotten luck,was the door accesible with a key or electronic card,if a card some of the latest ones can be read with a p.d.a which will tell you the times the door was opened,whose card-cleaner, maintenance,duty manager,guest etc good luck-Keith
NeilP

posted on 21/1/10 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
Really sorry to hear that Paul - In the heat of the moment as you're panicing because of the 'bad news' it's all to0 easy to do the wrong thing - hindsight, as ever, is about as useful as a bike engined kit car

[Edited on 21/1/2010 by NeilP]

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

MakeEverything

posted on 21/1/10 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
My wife got a Gucci bracelet and some cash nicked from a hotel guest room when away with work. She phoned the police, and eventually they caught the thieving shithead, and nicked her. The hotel also recompensed for the stolen stuff, and she got a replacement Tiffany bracelet for christmas that year. Needless to say, i didnt get anything for it.......

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Paul (Notts)

posted on 22/1/10 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
Update..

Looks like I may be able to recover some of the money ( not what I was originally told by the chap in India on the phone.) One of the banks gave out £1200 over the counter accepting a photo driving licence as proof of id so having pointed out that they should have looked at the photo they are now reconsidering the case.

Banks fraud office ( in UK not at the end of a phone in India) have been very helpful

Turns out it’s a gang going round the country doing the same scam at hotels.

What they do is look for conferences then steal wallet and take note of what conference you’re at and what you do. They then wait around until you return from lunch. Phone up and ask for you by name. They the tell you they are from Barclaycard security division and that you employer ( they get this from the conference list that’s often posted.) gave them the hotel number.

They then go on to inform you that your cards must have been stolen but but the police have arrested one of the two people involved. No need to panic they have stopped my Barclay card …But they then say that they can see on screen that I have accounts with…and end up conning you into giving your pin number. Along the way asking you to confirm info and telling you info ( they get from your wallet. EG they tell you your address but ask you to confirm your house number, They tell you the first 3 digits of your phone number and ask for the last 3.

They also gain time by telling you the police are going to get in touch but it may take ½ hr before they call and give a crime number for you.

Paul

smart51

posted on 22/1/10 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Could you have a claim against the hotel for the un-reimbursed losses? They said the room would be locked.

wilkingj

posted on 23/1/10 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
When I bought my Chassis at Luego, I paid by Credit Card.
Within 5 minutes the card co was ringing me on my mobile.

I NEVER EVER tell them Anything at all, I wont discuss any banking or card stuff on an INCOMING call to me
I ALWAYS then close the call and Phone THEM, on a number I know is their number.

They put me thru to the right dept, and all was explained. £2k on a card that rarely sees more than £100 spent, raised the flag!.

Simple Rule is NEVER believe ANYONE who rings you, saying they are from the bank car co or whatever.

ALWAYS RING THEM, on a number you know.
Ring Directory enquiries if in doubt, ie dont trust callers to be genuine. A 60p DQ call is cheap in comparison to the potential loss and grief.

I have had this happen several times. £500 of cigars bought in Los Angeles, when I was in the office at work!

These B'Stards are really cheeky, and they often get away with it.

Also NEVER tell them your PIN, Banks etc will NEVER ask for it. Thats why they have your date of birth, postcode, and inside leg measurement.

Bad luck mate, hope it gets sorted and not costs you too much.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rusty nuts

posted on 23/1/10 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
Hope it all gets sorted out OK Paul. About time the government started dishing out harder sentences for any thieving scum that's caught! Like cutting off hands
Paul (Notts)

posted on 29/1/10 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote

Halifax bank have been fantastic in dealing with this...

very helpfull supportive offering advice on what to do now and waht to look out for. ++ Refunded all the £1500 from their accounts.

Barclays have been Sh*t....Still unable to talk to any one apart from a blok in India. Still not got details of what happend from me and sent claim forms out by post with wrong details on

Will be closing my barclays account once sorted out.

Paul

Irony

posted on 30/1/10 at 12:10 AM Reply With Quote
Hope you get this sorted. Seems to me there are some right B£@$ards about that need punishing properly and not given community service.

Funny how I here only bad things about Barclay's customer service.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.