Author: Subject: I've voted
smart51

posted on 27/4/10 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:
Originally posted by dhutch
Im going to vote labour.

Loughborough is a marginal tory/labour seat, and i would rather it go to them than to the tory, combined with the fact that i would be quite happy to see a hung parliment, if onyl becuase clegg seem to the be the only one i have ounce of wish to vote for and i fell its the best chance at making a change.

http://voteforachange.co.uk/hangem

Daniel

Crazy as it may seem, why not vote for Clegg if that's who you want in power?

Cheers,
James

Ooo! you radical James. Vote for who you want? We'd never have had Thatcher or Major or Blair or Brown if we'd done that

smart51

posted on 27/4/10 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
I just don't 'get' this Nick Clegg rising-popularity thing after the leaders debate... to me there were no winners or losers (they were all equally vague), but it seems that Nick's being lauded just because he didn't sh*t his pants or burst into tears!

The Lib Dems started to go up in the polls when they launched their manifesto. By the time the 1st debate was over, most of the rise in popularity was done.

There seems to be a bit of "anybody but Brown or Cameron" going on and there's a big increase in the student and under 35s voting for Lib Dem. Mostly it seems to be those people who always wanted to vote Lib Dem but thought they wouldn't win. Now that they might, people are thinking of switching.

smart51

posted on 27/4/10 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
My favourite question for the Conservatives is this

"You're going to have a vote in Parliament to repeal the hunting ban because so many people break the law. What other laws are you going to repeal because they're broken a lot? Speeding? Drug dealing? Murder?"

boggle

posted on 27/4/10 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
id vote for myself, but there is no box for the boggle national party.....

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

eddie99

posted on 27/4/10 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
UKIP for me.

see, here's the problem, people say i don't want labour, so i'll vote for UKIP, or tory, or lib dem, or blah blah blah.

the hardcore labourists will still go labour, and the rest of the votes will be spread out amongst the others! just slightly worried labour still have a chance lol

[Edited on 26/4/10 by blakep82]

Exactly my thoughts!

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
eddie99

posted on 27/4/10 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dhutch
Im going to vote labour.

Loughborough is a marginal tory/labour seat, and i would rather it go to them than to the tory, combined with the fact that i would be quite happy to see a hung parliment, if onyl becuase clegg seem to the be the only one i have ounce of wish to vote for and i fell its the best chance at making a change.

http://voteforachange.co.uk/hangem

Daniel

Thats why its not going to work. Vote for who you want to win, not for who you dont want to win!

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Fozzie

posted on 27/4/10 at 09:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
and you gave us tony blair. brilliant lol

Hang on a mo!....

Tony B-liar is Scottish .... he was born in Edinburgh ......

Fozzie

[Edited on 27-4-10 by Fozzie]

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

woodster

posted on 27/4/10 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
I'll be voting tory .... i was all for the poll tax i still think we should all pay our way .... i now pay £1200 a year council tax .... most of the people on the poll tax riots were students, free loaders and peace camp living tree huggers ...... who ever gets in will have to make massive cuts in services ....... we as a country are bust
scootz

posted on 27/4/10 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
quote:

Hang on a mo!....

Fozzie

Ssssshhhhhh Fozzie... we were hoping no-one would notice!

It's Evolution Baby!

Fozzie

posted on 27/4/10 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hang on a mo!....

Fozzie

Sorry Scootz ....

Fozzie

blakep82

posted on 27/4/10 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hang on a mo!....

Fozzie

Sorry Scootz ....

Fozzie

i was hoping to get away with it! and i would have if it wasn't for pesky fozzie!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Fozzie

posted on 27/4/10 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry Blake....

Although I can quite understand you Scots wanting to disown him.

Fozzie

morcus

posted on 27/4/10 at 11:41 PM Reply With Quote
I've just read through this for the first time, and my first thought on the Bliar thing was, I thought he was Scottish, its strange that it's so far down.

Glad to see I'm not the only one in a safe seat constituency, fortunatly my MP is the one I'd be voting for anyway. I voted Conservative in Glasgow in the last SP election and I'll vote conservative here aswell, even if Cameron has brought the Party away from what it should stand for.

Is it just me or did they say last time that the Lib dems were doing well and in with a chance?

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Ninehigh

posted on 30/4/10 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
Maybe we should all vote for one of us guys. To be honest I'm seriously considering joining Bookface just to tell all those people in the "Jeremy Clarkson for Prime Minister" group to write his name on the voting slip themselves.

Not that I particularly want him in but he can't be any worse than anyone else...

Face it would you go round knocking on doors when there's a 75% chance you'd get punched in the face? I've been emailing them all

morcus

posted on 30/4/10 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
I saw a mocked up election poster for the 96 us election that had a Picture of Cthulhu over the white house holding a flag, underneath it said Vote Cthulhu, Why settle for the lesser of two evils? seems to fit the current sentiment.

Only another week and we can start moaning about the results and who ever wins or doesn't as the case may be

[Edited on 30/4/10 by morcus]

mediabloke

posted on 4/5/10 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Sent the e-mail below to my local candidates. I can guess the non-replies that I'll receive, but you don't get if you don't ask...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Voting for you in the forthcoming local / general elections
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 19:41:44 +0100
To: val.morris@ntlworld.com, ivan.lewis@burysouth.fsnet.co.uk, jslewis@hotmail.co.uk, michelle@michellewiseman.com

Dear Val / Ivan / Jane / Michelle,

Having received your leaflets, I understand that you are the local election candidates for Bury South & Radcliffe, but am at a quandary as to your policy toward the things that matter to me. In order to help me decide which of your respective parties to vote for in the forthcoming local & general elections, I would appreciate if you could confirm:

* that your party intends to reverse current government policy by reducing fuel duty so as to reduce the costs accordingly to small businesses and the electorate.
* that your party will actively discourage current road-planning practices of reducing available road volumes, e.g. halving the available road space of the Moss Bank Way - once a usable 2-lane dual carriageway - to a single lane in either direction, in order to accomodate 2 cycle lanes and unnecessary hatched areas, thus increasing congestion.
* that your party cares about the damage to the environment by vehicle pollution and the use of fossil fuels and will therefore reverse the lowering of speed limits on extra-urban roads.
* that vehicle duty and speed camera revenue will no longer be used as a means of indirect taxation by which to supplement the already high level of taxation that we in the UK experience in comparison to our European neighbours.

I await your early reply.
--------------------------------------

Simon

posted on 4/5/10 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
I find it quite amusing that people are still willing to vote labour (having criticized the tories for closing the tax dependent coal industry) yet doing nothing to save MG Rover. And don't give me "we' can't under EU rules, cos if the French had to save one of their car co, they'd tell the eu where to go!

They also want to vote for the man who started taxing pensions which had already had income tax paid on them.

The man who sold the gold at rock bottom.

The party who has created more public sector jobs than necessary.

2000 new pointless laws such as "it's illegal to set off a nuclear bomb" Duh!

Then there's Clegg who'll out-tax everyone as he tries to please the left and right by being indecisive and sit in the middle. And tax he will.

I'd vote for UKIP, but it'll be one less vote to get Brown out so Cameron will have to get mine not that he impressesme one bit.

Still, I had a look at Canada's immigration requirements - over 18 and no criminal procedures pending. Looks promising. That'll be one less tax for brown to collect.

ATB

Simon

Fozzie

posted on 4/5/10 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon
I find it quite amusing that people are still willing to vote labour (having criticized the tories for closing the tax dependent coal industry) yet doing nothing to save MG Rover. And don't give me "we' can't under EU rules, cos if the French had to save one of their car co, they'd tell the eu where to go!

They also want to vote for the man who started taxing pensions which had already had income tax paid on them.

The man who sold the gold at rock bottom.

The party who has created more public sector jobs than necessary.

2000 new pointless laws such as "it's illegal to set off a nuclear bomb" Duh!

Then there's Clegg who'll out-tax everyone as he tries to please the left and right by being indecisive and sit in the middle. And tax he will.

I'd vote for UKIP, but it'll be one less vote to get Brown out so Cameron will have to get mine not that he impressesme one bit.

Still, I had a look at Canada's immigration requirements - over 18 and no criminal procedures pending. Looks promising. That'll be one less tax for brown to collect.

ATB

Simon

Totally agree Simon...Well said!......
I also find it extremely amusing that having been in power for the last 13 years, and having brought the country to its knees, Labour say that they are the party to bring us out of it.......

Der...excuse me? ....
Were they not the party who caused the shambles?

So if Labour reckon they can pull us out of it......who, in hells bells put the country in this dire state? .... ah yes... Labour..... and they expect the electorate to believe that.....scarily some peeps do......

As I have said in another, earlier thread, looking at the policy comparisons, UKIP stands for most of my values.....but as you say...at this time, sadly, it would be a wasted vote, so amongst the top 3, It would have to be, although somewhat reluctant..... Tory.

Although like you I'm not at all impressed with Cameron ... or 'macaroon' as he is known in my house....

What is more worrying is that one of my sons said he had a mind not to vote.....in his words.... 'They are all as bad as each other'...... I said that although I understood his thoughts, by not voting, he was saying, by not voting, that in essence, it was ok for Labour to carry on with their destruction of the UK .... He will now be voting on Thursday.....

Fozzie....

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 4/5/10 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Doesn't really matter, they're all pretty much the same.
I'd be willing to bet if we'd had 13 years of the tories we'd be in much the same position now.
On a more scary thought, maybe we (as a nation) are getting the politicians we deserve
I think it's devine retribution for Big Brother and the X-Factor

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

morcus

posted on 5/5/10 at 12:08 AM Reply With Quote
What gets me is the number of people who like to bring up the whole coal mining thing, even though it was almost 30 years ago and that the same people go on about tax rises.

You can't be in power for 13 years and then campaign saying your going to change stuff, If you've been in power that long you should be saying you'll do exactly as you are now.

Simon

posted on 5/5/10 at 01:00 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Badger_McLetcher
Doesn't really matter, they're all pretty much the same.
I think it's devine retribution for Big Brother and the X-Factor

I concur but at least Dave the Rave is more interested in the businesses that actually pay to keep this country going. Gordo is more interested in employing more and more civil servants to do non existent jobs in imaginary industries just to get people off dole queue numbers, when it would actually be cheaper to give the £30 dole money or tell them to get off their lazy arses and get proper jobs.

Oh sorry, they can't a lot of manufacturers have moved out of the country because of Gordo's tax regime.

ATB

Simon

Simon

posted on 5/5/10 at 01:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
What gets me is the number of people who like to bring up the whole coal mining thing, even though it was almost 30 years ago and that the same people go on about tax rises.

Yeah, I bought this up because it's usually bought up by labour supporters.

I'm guessing you either work for the civil service or in a job you hate

ATB

Simon

morcus

posted on 5/5/10 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
I don't hate my Job, only that I don't make much money and have to pay a huge amount of tax, and that I can't have a house (Cheap house round here is about 12 times my salary).

Its just every election labour parties bring it up and make out that there was a choice and that the Torries did it just for fun.

Ninehigh

posted on 5/5/10 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon

ATB

Simon

Why not just vote for who you want to represent you? Or am I just being too pragmatic?

Also if that's the requirements, hell I'll go and deliver pizza over there! Missus thinks I'm joking

morcus

posted on 5/5/10 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hit the nail on the head about how our whole system has been corupted.

NOONE IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY IS VOTING TO SELECT THE GOVERNMENT, the whole point of the voting system is to choose who is best to represent your local area but its not how people vote.

Both Labour and the LibDems have said they want PR, which is one of the reasons why the country will fall apart if they win.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.