Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: aerodynamic drag / air resistance on a full caged Locost
alfas

posted on 28/6/14 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
what i also recognized, compared to all other speedster-screen seven-ish cars i´ve ever driven:

even i´m only 1.70m tall, i have a lot of wind pressure on my breast, also turbulences on my head which pull on my helmet.

the kirkey-seat is mounted as low as possible (no runners, fixed position, in contact with floor), has nearly zero padding.

compared to the other seven´s i have driven or still own the it looks like the general Locost seat position in realtion to the scuttle is rather high. is that correct?

[Edited on 28/6/14 by alfas]

alfas

posted on 31/7/14 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
a bit of an update:

for my next race (last weekend) i fully closed / paneled the area around the rear axle...and i removed the front wings (as they have been unstable /wobbling at speed)...far better...

after qualifying, i changed from my 205/60r13 semi slicks to slicks...the slicks had been slightly lower in profile....and here we go:

due to the slightly reduced drive ratio (lower tyre profile) the car was more lively even at higher speed!!

and i won the 2nd race!!! (ok...not race...regularity test....but every body is driving "regular fast"

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.