Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Finished Dash and how I made it (5 days solid working on it)
jabbahutt

posted on 5/11/07 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
that looks superb!!! quick question what did you use to bond the countersunk screws into your dash?

I'm just about to sort out the countersunk scews so your post is very well timed.

If mine turns out half as impressive as yours looks i'll be really happy with the result.

Nigel

Findlay234

posted on 5/11/07 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
well i started by making over sized holes. drilled them standard 4mm but then went nuts with the countersinking bit. making the holes larger sinks the heads a little more and allows a bit of space for glue underneath the vinyl. Then i superglued the screws in just to hold them lightly. After that i gave them a good go with epoxy resin. theyre pretty solid. mum did manage to break one but i havent had any troubles and ive had to put the dash on and remove it to make adjustments a number of times.

cheers

RichB

posted on 6/11/07 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
You've done a really good job here, you should be proud! I actually love the way the dials look with the bare ali.
Findlay234

posted on 7/11/07 at 07:39 AM Reply With Quote
had thought about leaving it like that but worried about glare from the dash and id have also needed to edge it somehow or spend ages trying to make the top edge as smooth as possible
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.