Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Quick budget question
marc n

posted on 11/3/08 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Cheers marc i had noticed the Module prices had been added. One thing though you appear to have removed the standard Vortx kit and replaced it with the MX5 doner kit. Does this mean it's no longer available?

yep still available just havent managed to finish that part yet

cheers

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chunkytfg

posted on 11/3/08 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
quote:

Cheers marc i had noticed the Module prices had been added. One thing though you appear to have removed the standard Vortx kit and replaced it with the MX5 doner kit. Does this mean it's no longer available?

yep still available just havent managed to finish that part yet

cheers

marc

Good to hear.

Thanks

marc n

posted on 11/3/08 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
can send you an xcel spreadsheet of the rt if you email me

cheers

marc

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
clutch_kick

posted on 11/3/08 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Marc you are giving me a lot of reasons to hate you (in a good way though) .....

I had just made up my mind about the Busa engine, only waiting to be given some leave and find flights to come visit you, and now you come and announce that you're tinkering with S2000 engined cars!!!!

Now I have to make my mind up all over again!!! Aaaarrrggghhh!!!!

marc n

posted on 12/3/08 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
the story behind the s2000 is as follows :-
we have a customer who liked our cars but was not 100% on having a bike engine, so was looking for a car engine, we initially looked at duratec route £5500 min for something which may acheive 200bhp, looked around at american v8s etc, and came up with s2000 using the gearbox ecu dash , and diff came in a lot less for more power ( and almost revs like a bike engine ) with it being jap its b
ound to be alot better in the reliability stakes, and a super charger kit is not too much either.
it just pained me to see someone spend £5000 on something that wouldnt have given him the power that they where after and would have been an inferior installation so had to find a solution

im so hooked on the idea that one of our next demos is s2000

marc

clutch_kick

posted on 12/3/08 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Ok you got me hooked too. So next questions are ...

1. What can I use out of the S2000 apart from the Engine and G'box? because I can arrange to buy a totalled S2000 straight from japan.

2. Does it need a dry sump? or shortened sump?

3. Is the gear lever nicely positioned, or akward? ( like the type 9 on a locost?)

4. Does it come with an European certificate of Conformity? (this is a trick question)

tks

posted on 13/3/08 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pewe
Right lads, listen up.
Decide on the budget (approx.) - tell SWMBO.
Then take her to Amsterdam and whilst there buy her a diamond something or other (not that expensive if you play your cards right).
In the future when she asks how much it's all cost you quote her an airy-fairy figure but add that the diamond whatever came out of your budget.
It's worked for me for the last few years!
As to actual cost - depends on how locost you want it be and how much time you are prepared to spend acquiring parts rather than ordering them from the likes of Ral Des.
£5k sounds about right.
Cheers, Pewe

[Edited on 10/3/08 by pewe]

You can already start saving by not going to Amsterdam but going to London...

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.