Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: JAW wideband lambda
ChrisW

posted on 28/6/08 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks!

Chris

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 3/7/08 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
Another update: A second box has arrived in the US. Waiting to find out who it's from.

My card has been charged for all the parts now, so expecting deliveries both here and on the other side of the pond any day now!

Cheers, Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ChrisW

posted on 3/7/08 at 04:54 PM Reply With Quote
Just been told it's two boxes. One from Toronto (which will be the JAW PCB's and MCU's), and the other from Digikey, which is some of the IC's needed from the board.

Hopefully my US guy will take a quick snap for me so I can show you all!

Chris

meany

posted on 4/7/08 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote

ChrisW

posted on 8/7/08 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Chased up the last package today, and got a tracking number. Turns out the bits are being shipped from Thailand!! WTF???

Proper angry, as I paid for 2-3 day delivery, and it took them over a week to dispatch.

Still, hopefully they'll arrive in the US tomorrow.

Chris

meany

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the update Chris

ecosse

posted on 9/7/08 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Proper angry, as I paid for 2-3 day delivery, and it took them over a week to dispatch.

Chris

There's the trick, 2-3 days for delivery, but they didn't say how long it would take to actually dispatch

Cheers
Alex

ChrisW

posted on 11/7/08 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Another update!

The VW bits have arrived here and all look good.

All the electronic bits have arrived in America. Just arranging shipping over here, and I'll be able to start assembling!

Chris

RichardK

posted on 11/7/08 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
Can't wait, getting right excited Thinking about that I really am a sad git

R

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

MikeR

posted on 11/7/08 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
do i still have time to change my mind if i want the display cable mount on the top or bottom?

No idea if i do want it on the top or bottom but thought i'd ask anyway ! (yes i am that sad)

ChrisW

posted on 12/7/08 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
Yes. u2u me. The longer you leave it though, the more likely it will be to get done in the standard way.

Chris

phoenix70

posted on 23/7/08 at 07:23 AM Reply With Quote
Any further updates?
RichardK

posted on 31/7/08 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Thats a no then

Chippy

posted on 9/8/08 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris, is it still possable to order, or am I too late? Option 2 with display set up for flush mounting. Cheers Ray

[Edited on 12-8-08 by Chippy]

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

phoenix70

posted on 11/8/08 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Chris,

Any chance of a little update on this ?

Cheers

Scott

MikeRJ

posted on 17/8/08 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
It's the 3 month anniversary of the JAW group buy, an update would be nice...
zetec

posted on 17/8/08 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Ditto.
RichardK

posted on 18/8/08 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
I u2u'd Chris a few days ago and he promised to update this thread shortly but I got the impression he was having problems with US customs, I'm sure he'll update the thread shortly.
Cheers

Rich

MikeRJ

posted on 19/8/08 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
I U2U'd him 11 days ago and he said he was going to update the thread then. He's obviously an extremely busy man, but a couple of minutes just to keep everyone informed of progress keep peoples interests up and impatience levels down...
zetec

posted on 27/8/08 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone heard anything? Is Chris on holiday...? Beginning to wish I had just spent a little more and ordered one direct.
MikeRJ

posted on 28/8/08 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
I U2U'd him again a few days back but have heard nothing. I'm feeling a bit of a pillock as I told my brother I'd help map his Elise when I got it, but wasn't expecting to take months.

His last post was on the 9th August, perhaps he is out of the country? Would have been nice to let us know though.

[Edited on 28/8/08 by MikeRJ]

Fozzie

posted on 30/8/08 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Firstly, I do apologise for not keeping up to speed with this thread, as those who know me know I am a dinosaur when it comes to mega wotsits, JAW etc etc. So it isn't a subject I have a personal interest in.

Secondly, those who know me, know that I have been mega busy, following a fire at one of the units where we have our business, which sadly spread to our unit...

Eight fire units attended, so I will leave it there for now, except to say DLT and I are devastated, but in turn, counting ourselves very, very lucky in the fact that we had a 4 year resto that had just been completed and valued at 150k that was virtually untouched........

I have decided that God was sitting inside it having his Sunday lunch at the time!

Anyway...... I digress...

I have managed to have a quick word with Chris on all of your behalves.

Here is an update......

The stuff arrived at Customs......

They got sent back.... (by them, not Chris)

They then lost them

They were found, and sent back to customs.

Chris filled in the forms.....

The forms got sent back.... (repeatedly)

The stuff is now with Chris.......

So...it shouldn't be too long now before they start winging their way to you lot.

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

Fozzie

posted on 30/8/08 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
Firstly, I do apologise for not keeping up to speed with this thread, as those who know me know I am a dinosaur when it comes to mega wotsits, JAW etc etc. So it isn't a subject I have a personal interest in.

Secondly, those who know me, know that I have been mega busy, following a fire at one of the units where we have our business, which sadly spread to our unit...

Eight fire units attended, so I will leave it there for now, except to say DLT and I are devastated, but in turn, counting ourselves very, very lucky in the fact that we had a 4 year resto that had just been completed and valued at 150k that was virtually untouched........

I have decided that God was sitting inside it having his Sunday lunch at the time!

Anyway...... I digress...

I have managed to have a quick word with Chris on all of your behalves.

Here is an update......

The stuff arrived at Customs......

They got sent back.... (by them, not Chris)

They then lost them

They were found, and sent back to customs.

Chris filled in the forms.....

The forms got sent back.... (repeatedly)

The stuff is now with Chris.......

So...it shouldn't be too long now before they start winging their way to you lot.

Fozzie

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

RichardK

posted on 31/8/08 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
That's great news to hear that Chris now has the bits, looking forward to getting my Jaw soon and been able to get on with my build.

Thanks for the update Fozzie.

Cheers

Rich

zetec

posted on 9/9/08 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
Anymore news yet..? See Chris has not posted for a month now...has he forgot about us? Has anyone got theirs yet?

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.