Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  6    7    8    9    10  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Locost front end design ?
andyd

posted on 1/12/05 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jcduroc
How do I publish a pdf here?

Just use the Attachment box below where you type your message. It'll attach as a download.

Andy

Rorty

posted on 1/12/05 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jcduroc
How do I publish a pdf here?

There's a size limit Joao, so if you're having problems posting it, it's probably over-size.
In which case, contact flakmonkey as he seems happy to host such files. He hosts the suspension files that I posted here.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jcduroc

posted on 1/12/05 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
I managed to make it a jpeg

Sierra half-safts
Description
Description

Bob
I can send you the .dwg
[Edited on 1/12/05 by jcduroc]

JCM

SilverFox

posted on 2/12/05 at 05:31 AM Reply With Quote
shaft lengths

Thx Joao, I was looking for something like that to compare. Are these lengths for the Lobro bolt-on shafts or what I perceive to be the slip-on at the diff end.

My measurements above are for the Lobro bolt-on style (both ends), and are for the axle shafts only. I would have to measure the respective diff and outboard spindles to get an equivalent lengths to those you posted.

Appreciated
Alf

Rorty

posted on 2/12/05 at 05:51 AM Reply With Quote
If you would send me the drawing Joao, that would be most useful.

Cheers, Rorty.

"Faster than a speeding Pullet".

PLEASE DON'T U2U ME IF YOU WANT A QUICK RESPONSE. TRY EMAILING ME INSTEAD!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jcduroc

posted on 3/12/05 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rorty
If you would send me the drawing Joao, that would be most useful.

You've got mail

JCM

jcduroc

posted on 3/12/05 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SilverFox
Thx Joao, I was looking for something like that to compare. Are these lengths for the Lobro bolt-on shafts or what I perceive to be the slip-on at the diff end.

My measurements above are for the Lobro bolt-on style (both ends), and are for the axle shafts only. I would have to measure the respective diff and outboard spindles to get an equivalent lengths to those you posted.

Appreciated
Alf

Unfortunetly I've never seen the Lobro ones.
If you could produce a similar dwg for them might be great.

João

JCM

SilverFox

posted on 11/12/05 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Joao - A stretch on my posting capabilities I think - can't even seem to post a pic. But... will see what can be done.
omega0684

posted on 14/12/05 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
i dont care about the post but rorty that bird is fit!
jcduroc

posted on 24/12/05 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SilverFox
Joao - A stretch on my posting capabilities I think - can't even seem to post a pic. But... will see what can be done.

You can always send it to
joao.matoso@gmail.com
is you have a drawing.

Cheers
MERRY XMAS TO ALL LOCOSTBUIDERS

JCM

SilverFox

posted on 27/12/05 at 06:01 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers Jaoa. But too cold out in the shop right now - could suffer ice worms. I will need to do the drawing anyway as am looking inbard discs as locost option
davidfe

posted on 26/1/06 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Greetings,

Is there anything I can do to help the process along?

David Edwards

David Edwards

SilverFox

posted on 1/2/06 at 03:22 AM Reply With Quote
David, I am not really sure what the next steps are for the overall picture. As I understand it, Rorty is asking for assistance from one and all in assembling the component data base.
I still have to brave the elements to try and accurately measure the Merkur halfshafts - and I'm not even sure that a tape measure will be adequate to the task!!

daffy

posted on 13/12/06 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
i wonder what happened with this? something happen with rorty while i was gone?
nkosta

posted on 17/12/06 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Ask Sid

[Edited on 18/12/06 by nkosta]

britishtrident

posted on 18/12/06 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daffy
i wonder what happened with this? something happen with rorty while i was gone?

Yes --- not good but we don't know what

Fred W B

posted on 18/12/06 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
Last I heard was this

Cheers

Fred W B

nkosta

posted on 18/12/06 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear this
all the best Rorty

Rorty

posted on 18/12/06 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
I just received an email regarding this and the other thread. Thanks to all for the kind wishes. I have been quite ill for some time which was the initial result of my absence, although I've been back home for quite a while now.

The main reason I don't frequent this forum any more is that one forum member has an unhealthy dislike for me and has continually caused me a lot of hassle. This person hacked into my computer some time ago and did a lot of damage. My web site was hacked, mailing lists were stolen and years of photos were destroyed including pictures of my family growing up (both on my computer and the off-site backup which was on my ISP's server.

My then ISP couldn't (or wouldn't) do anything other than report the issue. I contacted a lawyer here in Australia and was told I would also need to retain a lawyer in the UK if I was to take matters further. The whole thing got too big and I couldn't afford to pursue him. Congratulations – you got me!

Although I changed ISP and have a new web host, the culprit continued to cause me problems virtually every time I posted here. He obviously still has my mailing lists and continues to mass mail my customers with obscene and vindictive rubbish.

The last onslaught was at the time I posted my De Dion and Cortina upright designs which were obviously more than he could bear to observe, so after my hospitalisation, I just didn't bother coming back here.

I'm still happy to carry on with this VW/Locust front end design, but only via email as I don't want to stir the (currently) sleeping beast – although this post will probably result in some form of "retaliation". So if anyone wants to provide any of the info or dimensions I requested, I'll start drawing it up.

It's sad because this forum was a rich part of my daily life and I really enjoyed hanging out here, sharing ideas and having a laugh.

3GEComponents

posted on 18/12/06 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Rorty,

Have to say I've missed your posts, and as you have been missing for so long feared that things were worse than you cared to mention.

But i'm glad you're well and hope that you frequent this forum more in future.

You have been missed.

[Edited on 18/12/06 by jroberts]

caber

posted on 18/12/06 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
Rorty,

I am shocked to hear that anyone on this forum should attack you like this. Please Name and shame the offender he should be booted off here and locked out!

Your wisdom was invaluable to me while considering my build which is now well on the way I would value your continuing contribution to ths forum.

caber

Ian Pearson

posted on 18/12/06 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome back Rorty. Sorry to hear of the troubles you've been having.
Bob C

posted on 19/12/06 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
Really glad to hear you're better Bob - I too had feared the worst. The forum is a poorer place without your contributions.
Shame about the bollox, all you can do is ignore it (which is , I guess, what most people try to do)
I learned last week that another of my friends has made a complete recovery from a "sword of damocles" type condition - so it's been a good christmas as far as I'm concerned.
Bob

Guinness

posted on 19/12/06 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Glad to hear you are feeling better Rorty. Sorry to hear about your troubles with someone on here.

I for one missed your posts and advice!

Cheers

Mike

Syd Bridge

posted on 19/12/06 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
I, for one, would like to know who did this, because it's not me! As much as we jousted, I haven't the internet knowledge nor desire.

I've just had a u2u from Dick Bear, who I've been talking to, saying that he had just recieved a particularly nasty message from a forum member.

Who are these people??

Cheers,
Syd.

<<  6    7    8    9    10  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.