Poll: Does it feel like christmas? [View Results]
Yes
No
Maybe in a few beers time
No but my wallet does

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Does it feel like christmas?
tomgregory2000

posted on 23/12/08 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Does it feel like christmas?

nib1980

posted on 23/12/08 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
both me and the missus have been saying for a while we don't feel christmassy yet. it's wierd
JoelP

posted on 23/12/08 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
not for me, but then, its not christmas yet
tomgregory2000

posted on 23/12/08 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
this year just doesn't feel like it
x_flow57

posted on 23/12/08 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Not for me either. I run a shop in town and there just doesn't seem to be any christmasy atmosphere, no silly hats or flashing earrings etc.

Nick

blakep82

posted on 23/12/08 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
still feels a few weeks off

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mediabloke

posted on 23/12/08 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
Sadly not, especially as the runup to Christmas has been difficult for a lot of people.

If I thought it'd make a difference, I'd wish for everyone the important bits - their health, family and friends. []3 []3

Blimey, that sounds cheesy...

r1_pete

posted on 23/12/08 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Not a bit...
Earlier post

Davids comment has restored a smile though.....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 23/12/08 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
usually starts for me when i go to see the folks ...... which would be tomorrow.
smart51

posted on 23/12/08 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
No, not even a bit. The street outside is flashing with multicoloured LED decorations but it still doesn't feel Christmassy.

Quote from 'The Now Show': "What is it about Christmas that makes people want to decorate their houses like radioactive pound shops?"

David Jenkins

posted on 23/12/08 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
I think that many people are feeling a wee bit pee'd off just at the moment... recession, and so on...

coozer

posted on 23/12/08 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it feels like xmas for me... more this year as I move away from my mam and grandma funerals around this time and they become memories...

I'll be cheering meself up going to see me great grand dad's grave that says "born 1879, died 1975" he was a great laugh, telling us he was too old for the war... WW1 that is...

Its a time for remembering now for me but I can smile now and enjoy myself.

Merry Christmas!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

A1

posted on 23/12/08 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
doesnt feel like christmas to me....maybe cause it was warm enough to go for a drive without wearing gloves yesterday...
zilspeed

posted on 23/12/08 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
Going to get all serious here, so please ignore me. Well, not that serious, but bear with me.

I lost both my Mother and Father within 6 months of one another 8 years ago. I was 35 at the time.

We now have a little girl who is 7 years old. The more arithmetically astute among you will have worked out that she never knew either of her grandparents on my side.

Then, earlier this year, my fit as a fiddle brother in law was whisked into hospital with a brain haemhorage and nearly bought the farm.

I really do not have time to not enjoy Christmas these days, because I am acutely aware of how quickly the good things can be taken away. Feck that.

On that basis, you can put me down as one of the peeple who ticked 'yes'. It would have been a capital tick if I could have done it.

As many of the older generation used to say, "you're a long time dead", so you better believe we're having a good one.

dhutch

posted on 23/12/08 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
Theres a rumour that our tree is going to make it inside tomorrow (its been in a bucket outside three days) but failing that im deffonatly going in chester tomorrow to do some christmas shopping because the insurence settlement for my old mt bike come through and so i can freely buy a replacment! Sooooo, maybe christmas is coming....?

How knows! Certainly for anyone who has witteness christmas, i hope it a good one.

Resession hasnt really affected me, as a student with another year left before they need to look for a job. But at the same time, the work load at uni is high, and everyone in the family just seams about a week down on sleep and effort.

Still, i had my first mince pie today, having given blood for the firs time.

Daniel

jollygreengiant

posted on 23/12/08 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
Zilspeed, I can sympathise with you to a degree, on Saturday I was informed by the Daughter of a very dear Lady friend (that I had know since I was 29),that the lady had died the previous Tuesday. The funeral will be next Monday. For the most part we were just very good friends, almost soul mates. At the time I did not have an Alfa Romeo but I did have a Rover SD1, I also made the mistake of calling her Mrs Robinson. She will be sorely missed and it has put a bit of a dampener on events for me, but she would be very annoyed with me if I failed to embrace life and get on and enjoy Christmas by celebrating our time together rather than the time we shall now have apart.

So here it is to friends and family that we have all known and shall remember affectionately.

Yes It feels Like Christmas.

I must now away and do my last shift before the big day.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

[Edited on 23/12/08 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

zilspeed

posted on 23/12/08 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
Zilspeed, I can sympathise with you to a degree, on Saturday I was informed by the Daughter of a very dear Lady friend (that I had know since I was 29),that the lady had died the previous Tuesday. The funeral will be next Monday. For the most part we were just very good friends, almost soul mates. At the time I did not have an Alfa Romeo but I did have a Rover SD1, I also made the mistake of calling her Mrs Robinson. She will be sorely missed and it has put a bit of a dampener on events for me, but she would be very annoyed with me if I failed to embrace life and get on and enjoy Christmas by celebrating our time together rather than the time we shall now have apart.

So here it is to friends and family that we have all known and shall remember affectionately.

Yes It feels Like Christmas.

I must now away and do my last shift before the big day.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

Have a great time

sorens2

posted on 24/12/08 at 04:32 AM Reply With Quote
Great x-mas spirit here yet.
Just been called to work for 5 hrs. It´s now 5.30 in the morning.
Think I can sleep now until is´t time to open presents.
It´s the longest day of the year.

Søren S2

[Edited on 24/12/08 by sorens2]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.