Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Plumbing in extinguisher
MK9R

posted on 15/1/09 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
Plumbing in extinguisher

I have the lifeline zero 2000 club fire marshal extinguisher with 2 nozzels i need to plumb in. where should the 2 nozzels be pointing and any other requirements i should know about??

Anyone got any pictures?

[Edited on 15/1/09 by MK9R]

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr Whippy

posted on 15/1/09 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
aimed at the fuel system on the engine would be my first choice

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
procomp

posted on 15/1/09 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

One towards the engine / carbs. And one towards yourself. Crotch area is fine as they spray out to approx a 30deg angle so will cover you sufficiently.

Cheers Matt

MK9R

posted on 15/1/09 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
cheers matt. As the car is open do i need to use botrh pull handles?? Or just put one on the tunnel/dash

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

minitici

posted on 15/1/09 at 05:27 PM Reply With Quote
I had a lifeline zero 2000 club fire marshal extinguisher - until a flaw in the aluminium body caused all the zero 2000 to get dumped into the interior of my road car
(It was only 2 years old)....

blackie

posted on 15/1/09 at 05:40 PM Reply With Quote
Hi MK - you need to fit both pull handles - one is for you (reach & pullable whilst you're strapped in!!) & the other is for use by a marshall - typically this is fitted to the top of the scuttle

HTH

DB

[Edited on 15/1/09 by blackie]

MK9R

posted on 16/1/09 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
i've fitted the pull ontop of the scuttle so i can reach it while strapped in. I've not fitted the nozzles yet, but it looks fine just to drill a hole in the firewall/front of scuttle and mount it directly through the hole.

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

procomp

posted on 16/1/09 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Sounds good to me. Will all depend on the scruitineer you get as to what he will say regarding having the two pull handles etc. If you can demonstrate that you can reach it whilst strapped in and it is easily accessible for the marshals there should be no problems. But different scrutineers have different opinions you may get one who says you must have the two pull cables fitted regardless.
But wait till they say before adding the extra one.

Cheers Matt

Ian-B

posted on 16/1/09 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
You may have problems as the blue book asks for 2 trigger points for the extingusher (but refers only to the large units, and says nothing about the medium units required for most club racing, typical blue book).
If you are able to position the extingusher in suitable location the trigger point for the driver can be the extingusher itself, we've had no problems in scrutineering with this setup in RGB for several years.

Regarding nozzle postion, well you will comply with regs with only one nozzle in the engine bay, it is unlikely that this setup will provide effective fire suppresion, as the foam is really only going to be effective line of sight at its cone from the nozzle, and while the fuel system is an obvious risk of fire, many fires are caused by fluids contacting the exhaust (often oil after a rod has let go).

Ian

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.