Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Progress update (JGG)
jollygreengiant

posted on 18/1/09 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Progress update (JGG)

Ok so I 've kinda been a bit busy work wise, what with Xmas & all that, but back to the grind now that things are starting to fall in place. The Sierra now has 12 months MOT (see elsewhere - bangernomics) AND I have all my income tax money ready to pay. So, from here on, baring the costly unexpected, the car is now no 1 priority. So here's what I have been playing with over the last few weeks. I have been making the boot cover/lid, I did originally want it in alley, however after 4 months of waiting and test time getting imminent I could not wait any longer.

Starting point(ish)
Start of boot lid
Start of boot lid

Soft covered
boot cover 2
boot cover 2

Getting there
boot cover 3
boot cover 3

Almost (1)
boot cover 4
boot cover 4

Almost (2)
boot cover nearly finished (5)
boot cover nearly finished (5)

I've just got to get some 5mm s/s cap head (tommorrow) to bolt from underneath and then make the filler sections to the front of the roll bar.
I made an alley dress plate to sit under the filler so that (theoretically) any fuel drops (when filling) will just run off the back rather than sitting on the vinyl cover. This will need final finishing once it is all bolted down.

Meanwhile I now get on with fixing the bonnet down and then bolt the seats in. This will leave a few bits of alley trim and finishers to be fabricated, tyres to get and then trim up for the dreaded. .

That list is getting shorter.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

tomgregory2000

posted on 18/1/09 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
looks good, how long till your test?
jollygreengiant

posted on 18/1/09 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tomgregory2000
looks good, how long till your test?

Not entered YET, I was waiting until I'd got the last of my major financial headaches out of the way (income tax), all being well I shall be sending off the paper work 2nd week in Feb.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

tomgregory2000

posted on 18/1/09 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
sounds good, im putting in my papers soon, hope to get a test for late feb and then enjoy it and make it along to the shows, keep up the good work
bill132hotrod

posted on 18/1/09 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Update

Hi Jollygreengiant, nice job you done on the rear there well done, good to see a few more pictures of progress it makes the thread more interesting, just a thought will any of you from up there were its colder than down here, be going to the Detling Show, If so were do you meet up ?????????? be good to see you all soon Happy days, I've just got back in from have a blat around the country side, done nearly 50 miles today, results SWEETand no problems so im nearing the 1st 100miles nowand its time to start checking everthing is still hanging on and nip up a few bolts Ect, Keep up the progress by the way.
Regards Bill.

PERSEVERANCE is the word of the week. Stick with it the results are SWEET.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 18/1/09 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Just amke sure you dont miss the cut off for SVA..

quote:

Note that the last day for VOSA receiving applications for SVA is 28th February 2009. Applications for IVA will be accepted from the 31st March 2009 with testing commencing on April 29th 2009

Paul

Riskyshift

posted on 18/1/09 at 06:02 PM Reply With Quote
Smart job - like it!

Ian

Trev D

posted on 18/1/09 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Nice job Clive Isn't it much more self satisfying when you do a job yourself and it turns out well keep up the good work.
Regards Trev.

DavidM

posted on 18/1/09 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
That's a nice job Clive. What's the base material for the boot cover?

David

Proportion is Everything

jollygreengiant

posted on 18/1/09 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DavidM
That's a nice job Clive. What's the base material for the boot cover?

David

MDF, but its going to get a liberal coating of water-proofing liquid on the underside before its fitted finaly.

NeilP

posted on 19/1/09 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Not much pink on the car....

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

richard thomas

posted on 20/1/09 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good Clive!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.