Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AA rant
stevec

posted on 4/3/09 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
AA rant

Just had my AA membership renewal letter, thats the car type AA not the drinking one.
£147 so I checked the online price for the same deal £97, £50 less
Phoned them, Ah yes they said we can do that price for you, Oh yes I said so why didn't you give me that in the first place, Bu**sh*T followed next from them,
I said stick it I will join the RAC.
Steve.

Mr Whippy

posted on 4/3/09 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Like sneaky falling bank account interest rates, they're hoping you don't check

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
BenB

posted on 4/3/09 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Yup. It's in the small print that they'll keep on taking the money annually and they hope you don't realise that the price has gone up.... That's why I change from AA to RAC and back and forth each year. Saves quiet a bit in the long term!!
carpmart

posted on 4/3/09 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
Not good customer care there. You have also told us all which has cost them even more in reputation!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

stevec

posted on 4/3/09 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carpmart
Not good customer care there. You have also told us all which has cost them even more in reputation!

I told them I would flame them on every forum I could.
Steve,

mcerd1

posted on 4/3/09 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
yeah as above they all do it - start you off on the introductory price and over a couple of years shift you on to the full price....

from the RAC site:
quote:
Prices shown are for the first 12 months of membership with payment on a rolling annual basis

they never seem to put the full price on the website (at least I can't find it) but the RAC were happy to tell me over the phone

oldtimer

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Very poor behavior by the AA - the 'we've already got them' mentality.

McAfee have a nasty little trick to watch out for too. They send you an email telling you your anti-virus software is about to expire so buy at a discount now. Only problem is these are sent out at random times NOT because it actually is running out. You can end up paying for something you already have. I complained about this and was told that it was the marketing dept who sent out these emails and that they didn't have contract details - and that was supposed to be an answer!

smart51

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
yeah as above they all do it - start you off on the introductory price and over a couple of years shift you on to the full price....

Green flag have never done this to me. That's why I've been with them for 15 years. I even got a no claims discount this year. I mustn't have been out in the kit much. I've broken down in the Vortx 4 times and each time have been recovered home on a flat bed quickly and with no fuss, except them sticking all the flashing lights in the world on when they arrive in my street, just so all the neighbours know. Less than £100 for everything except home start and that includes the Peugeot as well.

MikeR

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
I tell the AA not to put me on automatic renewal. They did auto renew one year, i complained and since then i've had a free upgrade & always pay about 95 quid a year for roadside relay with complementary home start.

I keep thinking of changing but don't want to lose 'free' homestart.

r1_pete

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
I've paid £97 for AA self and wife for a few years now, via my company's 'scheme'.

Insurance company's pull the same stroke I've found, and will drop the price when challenged, it pays to shop around for everything, why ditch the AA if your happy with the service and you now have the price you wanted to pay....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevec

posted on 4/3/09 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
why ditch the AA if your happy with the service and you now have the price you wanted to pay....

Pure old fashioned pig headed principle
Steve

r1_pete

posted on 4/3/09 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Pure old fashioned pig headed principle
Steve

I can understand that

[Edited on 4/3/09 by r1_pete]

Steve P

posted on 4/3/09 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Did the exact same to me last year so changed, will look around again in a few month's.
diyer

posted on 4/3/09 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
I had the same, last month. But i said i wanted it cheaper than i could get as a new member online....
Got it for £78 Joint with relay.

Simon

Hug a Hoodie!

Keith Weiland

posted on 4/3/09 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
I get mine free through my Barclays Additions Plus account.

RAC Cover including European cover and home start, Card Holder Protection, Free mobile insurance, Free Travel Insurance, 12 Months Extended Warranty on domestic appliances, 7.500 accidental death cover, domestic emergency cover, legal advice, Free will writing service.

14.95/month

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.