Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: JGG's Pre SVA shots etc
jollygreengiant

posted on 22/3/09 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
JGG's Pre SVA shots etc

Ok folks, thank you for you support & patience. I have been rather busy this week finishing & prepping for SVA along with working as well. This has made for some very LONG days.
Anyway I would like to thank Wayno (Idontbelieveit) for popping around yesterday, it was very encouraging and nice to his recently completed car close up. I would also like to thank Kev for popping around today and helping me to concentrate on the important bits.
So what went on, well its like this, yesterday afternoon I was going around the car checking all the lighting heights. ARGHHHHHHHHH. When I first mounted the rear lights I had no fuel in the fuel tank. The rear lights measured 290mm from the floor. Ok wind the springs right the way up. Hmm, that took me to 340mm. Bugger (approximately) said I, I'm going to have move the lights UP. How could I do it and still leave it looking respectable. Any way after having had the night off from work (my pocket is hurting VERY much) this is what I managed to do.
Pre sva 1
Pre sva 1

So that left me the rest of today (having got the lights back on by noon) to finish off the rest of the car including fitting extra side repeaters. So here are the rest of the photo's, what do you think.......................
Pre sva 2
Pre sva 2

Pre sva 3
Pre sva 3

Pre sva 4
Pre sva 4

Pre sva 5
Pre sva 5

Pre sva 6
Pre sva 6

Pre sva 7
Pre sva 7

Pre sva 8
Pre sva 8

Pre sva 9
Pre sva 9

Pre sva 10
Pre sva 10

Pre sva 11
Pre sva 11

Pre sva 12
Pre sva 12

Pre sva 13
Pre sva 13

And finally .................... waiting for 06:00hrs Monday 23rd March
Waiting for monday morning
Waiting for monday morning

Now all I have left to do is to pack a tool kit for tomorrow, pack food & drink, get up in the morning, AND get to the SVA.

So peeps what do you reckon (even though its a bit late now to do too much).

[Edited on 22/3/09 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Humbug

posted on 22/3/09 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
Nicely finished car but they might not like the pipe lagging on the steering arms - looks very "temporary"

Good luck

Simon

bob

posted on 22/3/09 at 07:17 PM Reply With Quote
Clive

If you have any, take some split conduit for the steering arms. If they dont like the pipe lagging it will be an easy fix.

Paul (Notts)

posted on 22/3/09 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Clive - take some spare trim and glue with you. I had to trim the back of the front light bracket as I had only put trim around the front and sides..

Also had to trim the brackets that the streering columb monts unto under the dash.

The stick on trim on the front elbows that stick out of the nose cone was not acceptable - But the radius on the elbow is fine so no problems.

Paul

chris_smith

posted on 22/3/09 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
all the best jolly enjoy the day car looks great

The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows."

adithorp

posted on 22/3/09 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck. Enjoy the experience which ever way it goes.

The track rod covering might be too temporary. Could you wrap it with self amalgamating tape?

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

rusty nuts

posted on 22/3/09 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Put some gland nut sleeves on mine which I filled with silicon to pack them out Any electrical wholesalers will have them , Hope you don't need them
twybrow

posted on 22/3/09 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good - you should be proud. I agree with the pipe lagging comments.

Are you mirrors ok pointing in that direction? I think there is a minimum size rectangle you have to be able to use... But could be talking out of my backside.

Good luck with the test - and let us know how it works out.

jollygreengiant

posted on 23/3/09 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twybrow
Are you mirrors ok pointing in that direction? I think there is a minimum size rectangle you have to be able to use... But could be talking out of my backside.

Yep the mirrors were fine he didn't bat an eye lid at them. The visibility behind was fine. Although I think mounting the wings down low like I did helped enormously.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.