Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: I Have Done It At Last
GrumpyOne

posted on 30/5/09 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
I Have Done It At Last

I went out to the Luego workshop in Kintore today and put down my deposit on a Viento. The 24V V6 Cosworth is on it's way and the world is a happy place.

Spoke to Ben Lord who seems a top bloke and very helpful, if you are reading this Ben, thanks very much for your help.

Looking forward to the build now.

Cheers
Colin

sickbag

posted on 30/5/09 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
So, I expect you'll be changing your name from GrumpyOne to something more . . .'happy'

Finally back on the job!

blakep82

posted on 30/5/09 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sickbag
So, I expect you'll be changing your name from GrumpyOne to something more . . .'happy'

don't get ahead of yourself, wait until all the easy bolt on bits like suspension and steering are done, and then its all confusing stuff like brakes, plumbing, electrics, fitting the bodywork, speedo's not working right etc

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mgmiller

posted on 30/5/09 at 11:46 PM Reply With Quote
Enjoy the build its not difficult, just infuriating at times.

My Viento just passed its SVA on Thursday, you are more than welcome to come around and have a look at it for inspiration.

Theres also a small kitcar club that meets up once a month in the Aberdeen area if you are interested.

Cheers

Mark

GrumpyOne

posted on 30/5/09 at 11:48 PM Reply With Quote
GrumpydepressedskinthappyOne

That's better

Don't have a clue what I am doing, just know I want to do it.

Cheers
Colin

GrumpyOne

posted on 30/5/09 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mark

Thank you very much that would be ace, as I say I don't have a clue and it would be nice to see how it should be done.
I was talking to Scott (AKA Mr Whippy) the other day on U2U and he said there were a few kitcars up here and we should have another meeting, let us know the details and I'll try and make it.

Cheers
Colin

blakep82

posted on 31/5/09 at 12:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyOne
I was talking to Scott (AKA Mr Whippy) the other day on U2U

ah, there's your first wrong move right there
I'm joking! he's a top bloke.
nah, the builds aren't really that hard (i gather you'll get some instructions with the kit? i know i didn't... mine's not really a kit) and its great to see it take shape, but there will be times when things will be infuriating. i guess thats a good thing though

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Slater

posted on 31/5/09 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
I wasn't aware of the kit car club meeting in Aberdeen (mentioned by mgmillar). I'd be interested in coming along or any other gathering's in the area.
Let me know when the next one is......

I am just learning how to drive mine after a 3 year build, done 400 miles so far, so I'm looking at ideas for another project.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

stevegough

posted on 31/5/09 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyOne
I went out to the Luego workshop in Kintore today and put down my deposit on a Viento. The 24V V6 Cosworth is on it's way and the world is a happy place.

Spoke to Ben Lord who seems a top bloke and very helpful, if you are reading this Ben, thanks very much for your help.

Looking forward to the build now.

Cheers
Colin
Ok, GrumpyOne - I would keep that title if I were you - when you realise how many and start buying some of the unexpected bits you need and don't need ! and you couple that with the fact that scotsmen are notoriously financially over generous You may find it to be very apt.

But! one thing you do need to change is on your profile:

Building: you can now officially say you ARE building A Cosworth - engined Viento !

ENJOY

And welcome to the Locost Club !

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

rusty nuts

posted on 31/5/09 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
Congratulations !, you are now a member of the Luego owners club even if you don't want to join!

P.S. Don't know if Ben has sorted the problem but do a search on crush tubes , it will save you time and grief and will also make the car drive a lot nicer.

mistergrumpy

posted on 31/5/09 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
Keep the name as yet. I've finished my build but there's still the hoops of VOSA and DVLA to jump through which are equally annoying to anything you'll work on on the car. See my name ^ Still going strong!

NeilP

posted on 31/5/09 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the madhouse Colin - Cracking choice of engine sir if I may say so.

Ben has my contact details if you what to talk anything through on the lump and my photo archive has lots of shots of the lump in situ.

Cheers, Neil.

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

MakeEverything

posted on 31/5/09 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevegoughOk, GrumpyOne - I would keep that title if I were you - when you realise how many and start buying some of the unexpected bits you need

Especially when you see the price of the cam cover gaskets and cam tensioners! Not too much of a drama now, but when i first looked at the 24V Cossie engine, you couldnt buy the cam cover gaskets without the cam covers as theyre bonded together. I cheated in the end and bought a pre-built car!!

Wish you all the best though. Would be very interested to see photos of the bits as they arive!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

omega 24 v6

posted on 31/5/09 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Theres also a small kitcar club that meets up once a month in the Aberdeen area if you are interested.

Good luck with the build.

Where and when is the above meet???

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

GrumpyOne

posted on 31/5/09 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks everyone for your kind words of encouragement, I’ll keep the name just now because my wife says I am a Grumpy old @%&£%@& and it suits me, don’t know what she means personally.
Neil, you have a lot to answer for, I seen your car on the boss performance site and thought “I want one of those” just the car though not the choice of engine, I just like V6s and V8s.
When Ben called you yesterday it was to ask what gearbox you were using. I know what I need now, just trying to find one.

I am using a BOB engine for the build so that should be fun and yes parts for it are a nightmare, especially the timing gear, but the gentleman who is going to build the engine has a set in stock, nothing for the BOA and only one for the BOB, and yes very expensive
Cleaning the garage today ready for the Scorpio arriving, more fun, the last engine I took out of a car was a Viva and the Beatles were at number one.
Cheers
Colin

stevegough

posted on 31/5/09 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
.............."Cleaning the garage today ready for the Scorpio arriving, more fun, the last engine I took out of a car was a Viva and the Beatles were at number one.
Cheers
Colin............"

Can't wait until someone posts "who are the Beatles?"

Luego Locost C20XE.

rusty nuts

posted on 31/5/09 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevegough

Can't wait until someone posts "who are the Beatles?"

What type of engine did they have??

MikeR

posted on 31/5/09 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Who are the Beatles?

(sorry - had to be done)

jollygreengiant

posted on 31/5/09 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the Luego Owners Club.

I will add you to my mailing (email that is) list and as soon as I get a few (well several actually) minutes I will be send out an email to all. All I can say at the moment is ................
Aaaaarrrrr, shiver mi timbers yer land lubbers.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

rusty nuts

posted on 31/5/09 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
Oh no , Clive thinks he's Long John Silver!
stevegough

posted on 31/5/09 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
That guy worries me and I've only met him once!

Come to think of it, he does bear more than a faint resemblance to captain Barbossa!

Luego Locost C20XE.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.