Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hello
DannyD

posted on 7/6/09 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
Hello

Hi all Iam new to the site and new to kit cars, ive just got a velocity with a 20v 4age, its a massive leep from the old minis i have been playing with over the past few years.
Any way just thought i would say Hi,
Also does any one else have the same car/engine set up, if so any info would be a grate help.

Danny

MonkeyFish Rule!!

blakep82

posted on 7/6/09 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
hello

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

omega0684

posted on 7/6/09 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
hello

always a good idea to let people know where you are in our great country as well, you can do this in your profile control panel

welcome to the nut house

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cd.thomson

posted on 7/6/09 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
nice car as well

blake, alex - we need to spend less time on the net, and more time on our cars!

[Edited on 7/6/09 by cd.thomson]

Craig

omega0684

posted on 7/6/09 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
can't do anything on my car until my new pipes come, plus the F1 is on now and my comp is next to my tv! just finished caning my bacon and tomato sarny and devouring a cup of tea : good times!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DannyD

posted on 7/6/09 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Hi sorry about that bit iam in southampton. got the car from a guy called gary in suffork he was a member of the eastangiankitcarowners. ring any bells?

MonkeyFish Rule!!

tomgregory2000

posted on 7/6/09 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome
Another luego in southampton

DannyD

posted on 7/6/09 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
Another? i know of one a guy call Keith,his is blue with a duratec on throttel bodys, is there more?

MonkeyFish Rule!!

blakep82

posted on 7/6/09 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
nice car as well

blake, alex - we need to spend less time on the net, and more time on our cars!

you're right...

got loads to do on it today, but after the GP has finished/got boring.

myengine was sitting in place, only 2 bolts in each engine mount, worked out my intake manifold, looked good, and alternator mounting and belts, ordered propshaft etc. all looked and worked. bolted the engine in properly yesterday, it now sits slightly higher and further forward. screwed everything up... was hoping to get some sort of ignition wired up today and go for a start. we shall see.

[Edited on 7/6/09 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

jollygreengiant

posted on 7/6/09 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the mad house Danny (I assume thats your fisrt name). As a result of purchasing a Luego, you now find yourself (by default) a member of the Luego Owners (Or Luego Sports Car ) Club.

Whilst the number of Luego's with the 4AGE motive power as motive power as minimal, there are plenty of Locost types using that type of power plant.

If you would like/can organise/want to (delete as applicable), our next major event is the Newark Kit car Show. This is taking place on the 20th & 21st of June. Full details can be found in other posts within the Luego area of Locostbuilders web site. Entrance is free for kit car drivers and camping on site is free. We generally camp within a set area from Friday afternoon onwards and have a communal BBQ and drinks evening on Friday & Saturday night.
If you cannot make the event then we will understand and will look forward to seeing you at other events as they occur.
This year with the progress that everyone has made I would expect about 20 plus owners to turn up.

Loooking forward to meeting you.

Clive (aka - Jollygreengiant)

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Worzey

posted on 7/6/09 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
Danny,

I have exactly the same car as you (Velocity XT 4AGE 20v VVTi)

I've modified mine slightly with some bigger cams and some head work.

It was dyno'd earlier this week at 192bhp

Fantasic car, fantastic engine. Great choice

[Edited on 7-6-2009 by Worzey]

Caterham R400

DannyD

posted on 7/6/09 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
hi Worzey, ive been looking for tuning parts the past couple of weeks cams, lightend flywheels, pullys etc but havnt had any luck. also when does your vvt kick in? ive got omex 500 so can adjust the point of switch over but i have no idear what to set it at.

MonkeyFish Rule!!

tj4ord

posted on 7/6/09 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
how do!

Make Tea Not War!!!

Worzey

posted on 7/6/09 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
Danny,

I've also got the Omex 500.

VVTi kicks in around 4,500rpm if I remember correctly but I would need to check.

I got my 264 duration cams from BPJ services - Linky

I also bought some Ram tubes from them which sound awsome. They do sell pulleys but I didn't bother with those. BPJ are 4AGE experts.

I got a Fidenza lightweight flywheel from eBay in the USA. Even with postage and duty it was half the UK price (but that was 12 months ago).

The head work was done by Hellier Performance which is just down the road from you in Salisbury. Highly recommended.

The only downside is I didn't get much change from £2,000.

Caterham R400

DanP

posted on 7/6/09 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Danny,

Welcome to the site, I'm near southampton too, in a place called Park Gate.

Cheers,
Dan

oldtimer

posted on 7/6/09 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome - good choice. Which 20v 4age do you have??
oldtimer

posted on 7/6/09 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
Just to add - use the search facility on this site - a wealth of information is at your fingertips.
DannyD

posted on 8/6/09 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
Ive got the silver top engine, i didnt realise there are that many kit cars around hear especialy luegos.
Thanks for the info Worzey I will take a look and hopfully will start on the tuning in the next mounth or two.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.