Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Just bought an "interesting" project for work
NS Dev

posted on 13/6/09 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Just bought an "interesting" project for work

I have just bought a Fiat Strada 130TC Abarth, should be an interesting project, hopefully for the right reasons!

Pretty rare cars now.

Bought online without seeing it other than photos, so could be interesting, but at the price, it can break for more that it owes me worst come the worst.

I am looking forward to driving it, 2.0 and 130hp fiat twincam on twin webers in a little tin can like a strada should be fun, bit before my time but apparently they were quicker and better handing than any of their gti competition at the time.

once its done (assuming it is worth saving) it'll be up for sale, prob on pistonheads.

If it breaks, then I'll post the bits on here as the 2.0 twincam with twin webers on would be useful to someone I'm sure!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

whitestu

posted on 13/6/09 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
I used to have a Strada 105tc, which was basically the same, but had a 1.6 twin cam. It was a cracking car in it's day - pretty quick and great handling.

Had some fun in it driving through the pyrenees one year [until the head gasket went!]

I'm sure the 130 will be great fun!

Stu

DarrenW

posted on 13/6/09 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
Jealous! Nuff said. Need pics.

Would love an old daft car but divorce is to expensive. i so wish i hated E30 M3's for same reason as you bought the fiat. Just got A3 20V 1.8T as its a more civilised 30 somethings golf gti.

zilspeed

posted on 13/6/09 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Never drove a 130TC, but I always always lusted after one.
Had the brochure from the Fiat dealer when it first came out..

Have driven a 105TC. 105bhp sounds so tame these days, but it had a throttle response like you wouldn't believe. Absolutely electric.

It will be a livewire of a car.

Hope you enjoy it.

Regarding E30 M3s, a friend of mine has one in the most extraordinary condition. The paint finish on it has had alot of work done to it and is now like glass It also has a welded in cage and a very freshly built engine in it. Very few cars make me feel so jealous based on condition, but this one is in jaw droppingly good condition. That's also a car to covet when it's in this sort of condition.

the_fbi

posted on 13/6/09 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
i so wish i hated E30 M3's for same reason as you bought the fiat.

Same for me with both M3's and E30 325i Sport with the M-Tec kit.

Even the E30 318is is a cracking car.

WestfieldSEI

posted on 14/6/09 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
If that was the one on fleabay last week, I am very jealous as I nearly bid on it myself. I hope its a good as it was described....
eznfrank

posted on 14/6/09 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
Hey if it was the Ebay one I was watching it too. We were talking about it on here last week. I decided against it in the end as it would have been a bit of a pain for me to collect.
RoadkillUK

posted on 14/6/09 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
We had a Fiat Stada 65CL as our first car way back in 1988. It was crap

It was very similar to this ..

Roadkill - Lee
www.bradford7.co.uk
Latest Picture (14 Sept 2014)

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 14/6/09 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
Hey if it was the Ebay one I was watching it too. We were talking about it on here last week. I decided against it in the end as it would have been a bit of a pain for me to collect.

It was on ebay, the one with a different colour bootlid and door, but all originally black.

Looks ok but then I have no idea where they rot, other than pretty much everywhere! Its a bit of a trek, (leicester to worcester) but not too bad, hopefully worth it!

Picking up a mini cooper on wednesday too, plus another capri and heaps of spares next sat, plus we have the 2.8i capri about finished and the victor and bmw reshell (Rotten E28 m535i into a mint E28 518i shell)

Need to sell some stuff very soon!!!!

Capri will be advertised by mid week, looking at £6000 for a start and see where we get, pretty much guarantee there won't be many tidier out there

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

Steve Hignett

posted on 14/6/09 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
It was in a 130TC Abarth that I first took off!

And I don't mean just leaving the ground a tad, I mean a fecking huge great jump

Great car!!!

Ongoing Pics of that one please!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.