Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: scrapage scheme ? please help
tjoh84

posted on 7/10/09 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
scrapage scheme ? please help

my wife want a toyata iq and not much in cost of new one to used at the mo so getting a new one. when thinking about it 2nyt we rememered her sisters old car 98ka is just be left to rot as 2 much rong to use now.

so what we are thinking is buy the iq in her sisters name and save 2000 how long befor we could change it in to my wifes name.

and does ka need a mot cheers for your help

RichardK

posted on 7/10/09 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
You need to have been the registered owner for a year mate.

Sorry just read it properly! Can't see how they'd know if she sold it to you shortly afterwards

Rich

[Edited on 7/10/09 by RichardK]

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 7/10/09 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
it would work fine, her sister is free to sell the car immediately. It does need to be MOT'd though.

Richard, wrong end of stick! They would buy the IQ off the sister in law, not the scrap one.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

tjoh84

posted on 7/10/09 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
just found out i need tax? why
and need mot

RichardK

posted on 7/10/09 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Aye, soon as I pressed Reply I realised!!

Maybe worth a look http://www.which.co.uk/advice/car-scrappage-scheme-explained/how-the-car-scrappage-scheme-works/index.jsp

[Edited on 7/10/09 by RichardK]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 7/10/09 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
because then you could use any old 20 quid scrap shell and get 2k off a new car.

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

JoelP

posted on 7/10/09 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
ive got a bit of a banger on my drive im tempted to MOT and chop in. Sods law as soon as id finished welding it though the scrappage fund would run dry!

RichardK

posted on 7/10/09 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Think it was Monday that Mr Brown announced it would be repeated, so you should be ok.

Cheers

Rich

rusty nuts

posted on 7/10/09 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
I took advantage of the scrappage scheme to get a new car for the other half , not a bad deal when I only paid £350 for my XM 13 years ago and got 2 grand off a new car. The car you are trading in has tohave an MOT and tax even if it only has a day to run . Think the reason for it is to stop the scrouts running a car with no tax etc from taking advantage
owelly

posted on 7/10/09 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Just turn up at the dealers and do a deal! Miss Os uncle had agreed to buy a Toyota Avensis. Then when the scrappage was announced he told the dealer he'd wait a few days to cash in the old car. The dealer pointed out that the forecourt prices of the cars were increasing and the cars they were pushing for the 'scrappage deals' were base spec and they were pushing finance. He ended-up with a 0% finance, a good spec car, servicing for ages (I forget how long!) and £2150 off the screen price. And he sold his old car privately for £700.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

Simon

posted on 7/10/09 at 11:51 PM Reply With Quote
What you have to remeber is that 80% of the new cars bought under the scrappage scheme are foreign, so in Gordon Brown's usual backward thinking, we are for the most part subsidising the foreign car makers, with our taxes. Wonder if the French or germans are doing same for our benefit.

ATB

Simon

morcus

posted on 8/10/09 at 01:19 AM Reply With Quote
The reason its got to be Taxed and MOTed is because its meant to be your main car your trading in and they've no legal way to specify that.

Even if the cars were built abroad, people in the UK are benefiting, dealers, importers. To be fair there are no propper british volume manufacturers, LTI is the closest thing.

andyharding

posted on 8/10/09 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
What an absolute farce this scrapage scheme is. The only ones it benefits is those running round with absolute sheds on the road, then they just buy a bloody Kia Sh!tbox and this is supposed to help our economy, yeah right help the Korean economy more like. And then I work my arse off to buy a £34K car and what do I get sweet nothing cause my last car wasn't a banger. Rant over.
bmseven

posted on 8/10/09 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
Its complete nonsense some of the cars I have seen scrapped are/were future classics.
Its increasing the value of secondhand old cars, its taking away servicing/repair /MOT's from the small garage and mechanics.
And the parts from the scrapped vehicles cannot even be recycled.
On the plus side there is some cheap fuel to be had

BMW 7 Resource
Bures Pit anyone?

Cousin Cleotis

posted on 8/10/09 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
depending on the car you should be able to blag £2k off the retail price? obviously if its a £5k new car the discount will be less, but you will still have your car to sell.

Paul

woodster

posted on 8/10/09 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
another top Brown idea ... not... another mixed message to the people ... how many of those cars bought are on finance surely people shouldn't be encouraged to get further into dept .... what happens when the local government job cuts start to kick in
Peteff

posted on 8/10/09 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyharding
What an absolute farce this scrapage scheme is. The only ones it benefits is those running round with absolute sheds on the road, then they just buy a bloody Kia Sh!tbox and this is supposed to help our economy, yeah right help the Korean economy more like. And then I work my arse off to buy a £34K car and what do I get sweet nothing cause my last car wasn't a banger. Rant over.

I resemble this remark, we are not all working and able to get a £34k car and calling my old Kia (which I love and cherish) a sh!tbox just because you can't get a reduction on your new BMW is not really constructive criticism. Anyone running a shed is not going to get into hock for the difference in price just because they can get £2k off, they still have the £5000 difference to pay. My friend just traded his daughter's old Saxo in on a new C1 under the scheme for her to go to uni in, her MOT was running out before the deal could be closed so he told the garage they would go elsewhere and they gave her a Ka as a loan car for nearly a month free gratis. The credit is helping keep the banks afloat it's nothing to do with the car industry in Britain, we haven't got one.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

smart51

posted on 8/10/09 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
The scrappage scheme is designed to kick start the economy. With all the bad financial news, people were making their current cars last longer, putting dealers and manufacturers out of business.

It will safeguard jobs at dealers who have started selling cars again. It will safeguard jobs at Honda, Nissan and Toyota factories in the UK as well as others abroad (Germans and French people also buy these brands and they come from the UK factories) and it gets money flowing, which is the whole cause of the current problems.

It isn't a perfect scheme, what is? Plus you can't really blame Brown, it was a German idea that we copied.

Benzine

posted on 8/10/09 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
the economy is fake

HTH

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 8/10/09 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
I don't think we need to worry about local Gov. job cuts, simply won't happen (or at least won't happen until after re-election). So, simply borrow and spend, and repeat.
Problem is, there's no recruiting going on in the Gov. sector (at least in the SW). I had a productive non-Gov. job, contributing to GDP, now redundant and (it seems) on the scrap heap (£2000 anyone?) at 45. Desperate.

Point of this reply, is to say that my 16 yr old Mundaneo remains..... scrappage isn't an option. Wife needs it to go to work (while her job/employ holds out).

mad4x4

posted on 8/10/09 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah but if I wanted to buy a new car I'd want a family can not a KA or a Fiat Panda.

But Hell I can't afford a New Vetctra or Passat even under the scrapage scheme.

So I suppose 2.2 Family with the 12 year old car and both on Social CAN. (we'll on the never never or HP).

ok how do you spell resignation.???

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

morcus

posted on 8/10/09 at 03:25 PM Reply With Quote
The aim of the sceme was to get people who could afford to buy a new car (Finance or otherwise) to realise this and do it. Its target group is young people and old people who often have old cars and money/disposable income. The same group also buy small cars which as a percentage have the biggest discounts.

Also, giving people loans is good for the economy if they have the means to pay them back, the worst thing that can happen is for everyone to keep hold of there money because it devalues the currency.

on a final note, If you can afford to spend 34K on a new car then you don't need a 2k discount, there is no economic sense in giving people with money more money/tax breaks because they won't spend it, thats the first thing you'll learn in any economics class.

andyharding

posted on 8/10/09 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus
on a final note, If you can afford to spend 34K on a new car then you don't need a 2k discount, there is no economic sense in giving people with money more money/tax breaks because they won't spend it, thats the first thing you'll learn in any economics class.

You Sir, are an ignorant c0ck.

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

andyharding

posted on 8/10/09 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
quote:
Originally posted by andyharding

I resemble this remark, we are not all working and able to get a £34k car and calling my old Kia (which I love and cherish) a sh!tbox just because you can't get a reduction on your new BMW is not really constructive criticism. Anyone running a shed is not going to get into hock for the difference in price just because they can get £2k off, they still have the £5000 difference to pay. My friend just traded his daughter's old Saxo in on a new C1 under the scheme for her to go to uni in, her MOT was running out before the deal could be closed so he told the garage they would go elsewhere and they gave her a Ka as a loan car for nearly a month free gratis. The credit is helping keep the banks afloat it's nothing to do with the car industry in Britain, we haven't got one.

My point was that it is of benefit to the economy and the county as a whole if I work my arse off, pay a whole load of tax and then choose to spend a huge chunk of cash on a new car. This keeps people in jobs in the UK car industry, gives the banks good business and generally stimulates the economy. However, the car scrapage scheme does not give me any incentive to do the above.

In contrast, someone who cannot really afford a new car buys a cheap foreign car whose purchase will not help the UK car industry as much, there is more risk of the loan not being repaid, and the government are using £2000 of my tax paying money to encourage them to do this.

Are you a Mac user or a retard?

JoelP

posted on 8/10/09 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
no need to be a prick andy...

its a valid point, if you have 34k spare you dont need government handouts, you're doing ok by yourself. There are people working hard in real shitty jobs for £15k. You seem to have the bizarre notion that ones wage reflects how hard they are working?

On a side note, there are plenty of uk built cars that people could buy. Plus the £1k (not two) from the government is immediately returned in vat, so its not even a handout.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.