Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: the moment of truth
boggle

posted on 19/12/09 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
the moment of truth

finally got the chassis 'rolling' today!!!

had a good sortout in the garage and im now ready to start fitting the engine and box!!!!!

guess what i will be doing christmas day!!!!!

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

scutter

posted on 19/12/09 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
Nice workmanship fella, correct me if i'm wrong, but your upper harness mount may need a little more bracing.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
boggle

posted on 19/12/09 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
yes...they where allready fitted to the chassis like this, but im not happy with them so will be strengthening them...

cheers

boggle

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

UncleFista

posted on 19/12/09 at 11:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boggle
guess what i will be doing christmas day!!!!!

Sitting in it making "brum brum" noises, whilst feeling slightly sick and regretting eating that last mince pie ?

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

scutter

posted on 19/12/09 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
, For info just looked up the forces involved, a 30mph crash subjects the upper harnesses to a force of 2.4 tons.

Cars looking great, nice to see more being built to such a high standard.

ATB Dan.

The less I worked, the more i liked it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
boggle

posted on 19/12/09 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote
cheers guys

im probably going to remove the threaded fittings completly and mount the harness to the cage, which is going to be cross braced and diagonaled to the chassis....

u2u me for details

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 19/12/09 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
blimey doesn't look like you have had any snow!? You can have some of ours if you want, I think we will be snowed in tomorrow morning
boggle

posted on 20/12/09 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
not a thing down here....just rain..

u2u me for details

speedyxjs

posted on 20/12/09 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iscmatt
blimey doesn't look like you have had any snow!? You can have some of ours if you want, I think we will be snowed in tomorrow morning

We'll have it!!

boggle - Nice work!

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

rusty nuts

posted on 20/12/09 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
You'll regret fitting the fuel filler there! Guess how I know!
stuart_g

posted on 20/12/09 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Looking good
I can't see any brake pipes or master cylinders installed yet. I wouldn't fit the engine and gearbox untill you have run the brake and fuel lines, unless it is only a trial fitting of course.

boggle

posted on 20/12/09 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
cheers peeps

the engine will come out again....

it hasnt been run since its rebuild 5years ago so i want to plop it in and see if it fires up, had an endoscope down the bores and they are rust free and it turns over by hand ok....once im happy with it i will remove and do my brakes...will also give me a chance to see where i can fit the loom and plum all my lines....

u2u me for details

02GF74

posted on 20/12/09 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
good progreess there.

too cold to do anythig here

marcjagman

posted on 20/12/09 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
I really like your dash, how did you make it? What will you be using for the edges for IVA?
boggle

posted on 20/12/09 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman
I really like your dash, how did you make it? What will you be using for the edges for IVA?

i made it at work on the waterjet.....the car is allready registered so i dont need to do the i.v.a.

u2u me for details

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.