Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego At Newark 2010
jollygreengiant

posted on 20/6/10 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Luego At Newark 2010

Well it was an interesting weekend. First off I must appologise to all about the lack of Gazebo. That particular c^ck up will never happen again so long as I am able to get there. It certainly spoilt or made difficult what could have been a good Saturday night spoilt by the wind.

Any way I would like to thank all of you that did make the effort to attend and those of you who failed due to circumstances beyond your control I hope that next year will be more organised/controlled for you.

Thank you all it was a pleasure seeing you again.

Oh and Becks it was 175mile round trip from my house and she ran faultlessly. Although the D$ckh£&d (ON A MOBILE PHONE) in the white van who decided to check that I could do an emergency stop in Kimbolton Road by pulling out on me did spoil the drive a bit.

Next show I have listed is Stafford 18-19th September. So whos thinking of going and on what days. Ta.

JGG

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

NeilP

posted on 20/6/10 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
A great weekend nevertheless and a great drive back - fair tore up the countryside I did

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

NeilP

posted on 20/6/10 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
p.s. And don't worry about the gazebo - lager solved the problem...

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

wilkingj

posted on 20/6/10 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Cold and Windy... still it was nice to see old friends again

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coozer

posted on 21/6/10 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
Seem to remember standing round a fire with me beer coat on

Canny weekend, good blast down and back up.

Cue of traffic into a contraflow on the A19 and a dickhead in a white van tries to overtake the lot and cut in... Massive artic moves over to stop him and he still tries to squeeze through on the central reservation. Tail swing on the truck knocks his nearside wing mirror clean off

I didn't half give him some abuse as I drove past with him picking bits of his van off the road

Plan is to be at Stofford both days. Anyone got a link to a working website for it? Times, prices, etc..

Steve

[Edited on 21/6/10 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

perci

posted on 21/6/10 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
175mile round trip...mini & viento both survived the journey!
good to see everyone again & hope to make it to stafford for one of the days..weather dependant obviously!
bec & dad(pete)

Dave J

posted on 21/6/10 at 02:29 PM Reply With Quote
Elaine and I both enjoyed catching up with you all on the Sunday after a prolonged absence.
We too had a hairy incident on the way home.
A complete toss pot in a range rover coming the other way on a narrow country road decided to overtake a push bike and take up all our side of the road. I Applied huge quantities of brakes, horn flashing of lights and a fair bit of left lock. Elaine was virtually climbing out the car.
Juuuust missed us. Luckily the grass verge was fairly robust and not the usual ditch.
Can you get ejector seats for cars??

Too close for comfort that one, the 'arris is still twitching.

Anyway, it didn't spoil what was a splendid day.
Good to see you all again.

Cheers

David and Elaine.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.