Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Name and Shame - SureTerm Customer Service
ash_hammond

posted on 20/9/10 at 05:03 PM Reply With Quote
Name and Shame - SureTerm Customer Service

Apparently my insurance renewal for my MAC#1 is: £366 which will be collected by 11 payments of £43.45 Alarm bells start to ring.

Topline is acutally £421, £97 of that is an admin fee taken by SureTerm.

I called SureTerm to ask why there was £97 fee, they said quote (no phun intended) "Thats our cut"

They asked if i had got another quote. I said Yes £257 all in. I simply got "Thanks for calling" and the phone was put down.

Moral, If you insure with SureTerm check you renewal.

.: www.mac1motorsports.co.uk | www.m1moc.com :.

MakeEverything

posted on 20/9/10 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Is ther enot an ombudsman that prevents them from making excessive margins / profit?

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

speed8

posted on 20/9/10 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
My renewal pretty much doubled with them so I called them up and told them I wouldn't be renewing. I still got numerous letters and phone calls reminding me my policy was about to expire.

Suffice to say, Competition Car Insurance gave me a good quote for only a little more than my previous years insurance but included 5 track days so a good deal I think. Just need to make sure I get some track time in

chrisxr2

posted on 20/9/10 at 05:26 PM Reply With Quote
Nice

Some customer service that is.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Ben_Copeland

posted on 20/9/10 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
Seems that insurance company customer service is a bit lacking in most companies when it comes to asking about renewals/admin fees

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

bi22le

posted on 20/9/10 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
Not the first time I have heard someone slat Sureterm, and probably not the last. They did not entertain me once I mentioned my history so Im yet to have a bad experience with them!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

stevebubs

posted on 20/9/10 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
Not the first time I have heard someone slat Sureterm, and probably not the last. They did not entertain me once I mentioned my history so Im yet to have a bad experience with them!!

I insured with them a few years ago and as I was due to go to Le Mans in a few weeks, asked them how much a green card would be for that policy.."Free" was the answer.

"OK..can you send that with the policy documents?"
"No sir, you need to call up when you have the documents and order it separately"
"seems a bit silly, but OK"

1 week later..

"I'm calling up to order my green card"
"Yes sir, that'll be £35."
"You WHAT!!"

Took a lot of arguing to get them to send me the card gratis...

[Edited on 20/9/10 by stevebubs]

norfolkluego

posted on 20/9/10 at 11:39 PM Reply With Quote
Just moved my daily driver from Sureterm, went on Comparethemarket and knocked nearly 50% off the premium (no, that's not a missprint, I did say nearly 50%), that's after being with Sureterm for over 8 years, I'd have a shop around if your renewal's coming up with them
nick205

posted on 21/9/10 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
TBH I've always got a better deal by moving insurers than renewing with the encumbent on any vehicle.

Seems to me they just don't want to retain business these days. What was the maxim..."It's easier and cheaper to keep a customer than find a new one".

I guess what they lose in non-renewal business they gain in new business at low prices gained from competitors non-renewal business loss - crazy!

adithorp

posted on 21/9/10 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
My Fury has been insured through them for the last 3 years and the premium has stayed pretty much the same each year.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

indykid

posted on 21/9/10 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
it's why i'm now insured with frank pickles.

i can't see myself even ringing sureterm for a quote next year
tom

Guinness

posted on 18/10/10 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
I wonder what is going on at Sureterm. I've been with them for 5 years, paying around £150 all in for the Indy (inc green card and European Breakdown). This years renewal £300.

WTF. Will be ringing around today.

mistergrumpy

posted on 18/10/10 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
I had a 1.4 Astra insured with Aviva (Norwich Union) with 12 years NCB. Came in around £300. Had a very slight rear end bump a few weeks ago, my fault and only broke the bottom of my number plate. Was sent a letter to ring them and had a hell of a time with no one admitting they'd sent the letter and having to deal with people in India and actually having and Indian fella start to shout at me. I was given £50 compensation for bad service which I wasn't going to accept until I saw my phone bill and then my renewal came through the door. £2027!
Guinness

posted on 1/11/10 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guinness
I wonder what is going on at Sureterm. I've been with them for 5 years, paying around £150 all in for the Indy (inc green card and European Breakdown). This years renewal £300.

WTF. Will be ringing around today.

Had a telephone call from Sureterm today.
Him "Are you renewing Sir?"
Me "No"
Him "Why?"
Me "You doubled my premium!"
Him "Ok"

That's it. No negotiation, no sorry, no explanation, he just hung up.

Hellfire

posted on 1/11/10 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately loyalty to most companies counts for nothing these days and that's not just limited to insurance companies either..... It applies to insurers, banks, building societies, utility companies and even employers...

Phil

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.