Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Martins"little mistake"
chrisg

posted on 14/6/04 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Martins"little mistake"

Been round to see MK today and he was telling me about what he did the other day.

He was driving up the hill from his house(which is a 30 limit) at, shall we say, a little above that speed, when he heard a siren start behind him. He couldn't see a police car behind him and assumed he'd been pulled by one of the unmarked cars we're "blessed" with.

The first car behind him went past, as did the second. And the next. There we're no cars behind him.

That's when he realised that it was a house alarm going off.

He'd been "pulled" by a semi-detached house!!!

At least he admitted it, I'd have kept it quiet!!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

SeaBass

posted on 14/6/04 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds about the same as my mate who pulled over after hearing a siren in the choon on his stereo...

Would've been OK but he had a full car!! The piss-ripping went on for weeks.

Cheers

chrisg

posted on 14/6/04 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Come on Charlie, let's have it!!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

mandy69

posted on 14/6/04 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
Well all i can say is that it must be a male thing as a woman would have turned the radio up and ignored the noise, then blame it on the boogie!
Hellfire

posted on 14/6/04 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandy69
Well all i can say is that it must be a male thing as a woman would have turned the radio up and ignored the noise, then blame it on the boogie!

Is there an answer to that?

Jon Ison

posted on 15/6/04 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
I can understand Martin looking over his shoulder, M180= 3 points.........

JoelP

posted on 15/6/04 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
my pal had his mechanic driving round the block with him once, trying to diagnose a rattle. Turned out it was the aftershave in the glovebox rolling about!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

santcliff

posted on 17/6/04 at 07:11 AM Reply With Quote
in the last week of the warranty on my scoobie i was convinced the rear near side shock had gone, was rattling like the front one had a year before. truned out to be foot pump against tool box in boot.

blushes!

had to turn the stereo down many a time to look for the mobile, wouldn't do that now of course.... no stereo in the indy :-)

s

One o' cross beams gone owt askew ont' treddle

Noodle

posted on 17/6/04 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
Very similar situation with my old Alfa 164. Under braking there was a grinding noise and a thud.

Turned out to be an Eddie Stobbart model in the rear door bin that one of the kids had left.

Cheers,

Neil.

Your sort make me sick

chris.russell

posted on 17/6/04 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
Any one remember a tune a few years back that was called something like "somebody answer the phone". The tune had a mobile phone ringtone that played in the background and the first time I heard it in the car I searched from my mobile, until I realised it neither sounded like my ringtone and when I turned the radio down the noise stoped.

Stupid boy pike!

Mines a pint

Peteff

posted on 17/6/04 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
I was in a friends car and commented on the unusual suede finish on the dash. I brushed my hand across it and it was dust. He cleans it now

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Terrapin_racing

posted on 17/6/04 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
Girlfriend told me about having to go out at about 11pm because there was a guy across the road with a torch walking around a VW Golf shining the torch in ??

Turned out his kids hamster had escaped in the car - making a noise all day but he couldn't catch it. So waited till night because they liven up (nocturnal) and had bait on the seat - torch and fishing net in hand.

[Edited on 17/6/04 by Terrapin_racing]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.