Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Moving House - DOUBLE GARAGE!
Dangle_kt

posted on 26/11/10 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Moving House - DOUBLE GARAGE!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No more bashing my shins on the car, or getting a bad back from bending like a gymnast, or a 5 minute car climb to get the tool I left on the other side of the garage, or having to slide the car sideways 6 inches on the trolly jack so I can get the extension bar in without bashing my hands on the wall.

Roll on the 1st Jan!

RichardK

posted on 26/11/10 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Very jealous mate... Hope the move goes well.

Cheers

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
StevieB

posted on 26/11/10 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
Fantastic stuff - and a house attached to it as well as a bonus!

I'd really love a double garage, but my fear would be that I'd just fill it with more stuff. The dream (or interim dream, anyway!) is for a decent sized double garage so I can have a space for my car and motorbikes and also a space for working in. Double garage would be perfect.

Dangle_kt

posted on 26/11/10 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
we are only renting it, as we just cant get our house sold, but need to be moved to get into the right school.

An extra £45 a month is all that is the difference between a semi detached 3 bed, single garage to a detached 4 bed, double garage, en suite etc.

So i'll cancel virgin which we never watch anyway (approx £60 a month) and settle for not watching freeview instead

marcjagman

posted on 26/11/10 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
Double garage, hhhhmmm, want a lodger?
Stott

posted on 26/11/10 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
My shift mate in work has just bought a house with a double garage too. First time buyer.

He keeps going on about it, 2 windows, spiral stairs leading up into it, what tool box do you think I should buy, there's lots of room, I fancy a bigger compressor, ooh this shot blast cabinet looks nice, electric up n over, door, blah blah blah blah, I hate you all................................................................................

Dangle_kt

posted on 26/11/10 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman
Double garage, hhhhmmm, want a lodger?

Your as bad as my wife!!!

ITS MY GARAGE! No one else is getting a look in

MINE!!!

Mr G

posted on 26/11/10 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
The problem with mine is I've made it too comfy, I added a kettle,fridge,microwave,laptop with mobile broadband and satellite dish along with tv. I now need to add a urinal due to all the cups of tea I'm drinking while watching sky

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Stott

posted on 26/11/10 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
I had an old telly in mine for all of a day. I wasn't getting enough done so it went up the tip!

The worst is a guy in work with me. He used to have a roofing firm and was earning £3K a week in the 80's fitting out buildings around london, he's a recycling guy now but still has some cash backup. He's got an LCD in there, a beer fridge, 2 cars a bike and a quad plus his trailers etc.

He said the other day, "it's coming nice now, just added another 24 foot on the width"

I sh1t you not, the bar steward.......

The same guy dropped a roofing sheet once which went straight through the roof of his week old Grananda, so he went and bought another new one the next day. Plenty of dough I tell thee!

Paul TigerB6

posted on 26/11/10 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
So come on then - tell us........... when the letting agent showed you around, did you actually take any notice of the house or were you too keen to get to the garage???
Dangle_kt

posted on 26/11/10 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
I havn't even seen it. The Mrs did all that, I just saw the picture of the double garage and said..."where do I sign?"

Worryingly enough that is actually how it happened, and not forum banter.

owelly

posted on 26/11/10 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
I bought my first house without looking inside. I saw the barn and put in an offer. And the rest is history. Incidentally, the house was crap but I got four cars in the barn and it had two more floors to fill with trinkets. I converted the barn into a house, sold it just as the arse fell out of the market and paid way too much for the place I'm in now. This place has a big single garage stuck to the front of the house but room for a big garage and workshop when I've saved up £10k to build it...

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
skodaman

posted on 27/11/10 at 02:39 AM Reply With Quote
Surprisingly even a double garage isn't big enough. Well i've got a three-piece suite and a washing machine in mine so it's not that surprising.

Skodaman

speed8

posted on 27/11/10 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skodaman
Surprisingly even a double garage isn't big enough. Well i've got a three-piece suite and a washing machine in mine so it's not that surprising.

yeah, I can confirm that.

The house I just sold had a wider than usual double garage with a pit. After 4 years there I was starting to think that a 3 or 4 car garage would be nice.

Only sold the place because 2 beds wasn't enough and no scope to move so renting with a single garage just now and it's hell. Looking for a double or space to build one when we buy again.

steve m

posted on 27/11/10 at 10:20 AM Reply With Quote
My ideal house would be a four car garage, one bedroom place
Paul TigerB6

posted on 27/11/10 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m

With an oversized American style fridge for the beer

Dangle_kt

posted on 27/11/10 at 11:17 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
quote:
Originally posted by steve m

With an oversized American style fridge for the beer

And an au pair with a "thing" for grubby overalls.

Mr G

posted on 27/11/10 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt

And an au pair with a "thing" for grubby overalls.

That's no good for skodaman, he's got a washing machine in his garage - his overalls are spotless

[Edited on 27/11/10 by Mr G]

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

jossey

posted on 27/11/10 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
well done :O)

hope you got a nice house too and didnt just buy the first house with a double garage lol

dave

steve m

posted on 27/11/10 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
"hope you got a nice house too and didnt just buy the first house with a double garage lol "

I would

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.