Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Made the mistake of driving a Honda S2000, dilema.
bigbravedave

posted on 24/2/11 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Made the mistake of driving a Honda S2000, dilema.

I made the fundemental mistake of driving a Honda S2000 at the weekend, I wasn't expecting to like it but was astonished at how well balanced and good it was to drive.

I don't like how they look, the interiors made of recylcled airfix, theyre not that quick, I dont exactly fit in one, but it just seemed to have the right amount of power, grip by the bucketful and addictive balance.

knowing that 10 year old ones change hands for 5k in winter has got me thinking should I sell my seven in the summer, change the daily hack for something less hacky and get a S2000 come winter

I like the idea of having something to just go for a drive in, in the middle of raining winter with salt covered roads and not care.

HowardB

posted on 24/2/11 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
get a bigger garage??

just a thought,..

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

MakeEverything

posted on 24/2/11 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigbravedave
I like the idea of having something to just go for a drive in, in the middle of raining winter with salt covered roads and not care.

So why is the kit car any different if its got wet weather gear? A Roof has got to be cheaper than losing money on the car, then buying something that will continue to depreciate?

Come on Big Brave Dave, Brave the weather man!!

[Edited on 24-2-11 by MakeEverything]

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

bigbravedave

posted on 24/2/11 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Everythings ally and goes white and crusty in the salt!

Built it as a track day car, wish Id painted everything before I screwed it together now!

David Jenkins

posted on 24/2/11 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
A former colleague owns one - he loves it dearly, but he's very aware of the number of people who've thrown them into ditches.

They have a reputation for being spiteful in adverse conditions...

MakeEverything

posted on 24/2/11 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigbravedave
Everythings ally and goes white and crusty in the salt!

Built it as a track day car, wish Id painted everything before I screwed it together now!

Cant you unscrew the belly pay / floorpan and do that? - Failing that, just a hose down before putting it away would do?

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

Mr Whippy

posted on 24/2/11 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
paint your own car, would cost hardly anything to do

white is a terrable colour to keep clean anyway, I've had 3 white cars but never again

You could also fit mud flaps on the front wheels in this weather to keep it smarter and keep the spray off your face. I fitted one to my motor bike and it's transformed it

A heater and full weather gear will make a hell of a difference when the rain comes and can only add to your enjoyment with it. Sounds like your car is just a 4 wheeled motor bike and it's too brutal for daily use, so if you want to spend money then make it more practical

You'll be bored with the tin top in no time

[Edited on 24/2/11 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adampage

posted on 25/2/11 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
I've got one, love it so far, including through all that snow (5mph power slides everywhere!).
Didn't get stuck once, even with worn rear tyres.

Not 'really' pushed it on the corners yet but fine at 8 tenths, you can feel the lsd work out of slow corners, grips and goes. Also sounds glorious when given the berries. I plan to try a 'low grip' track day like Oulton or Silverstone to learn about the wet-handling safely.

Comfy enough, fairly practical, and only weakness is bit noisy on long m-way cruise. Just over 30mpg too.

I'd say go for it!
AD

adampage

posted on 25/2/11 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
Forgot to say....

If you do stack it, it's an ideal locost donor, great engine, best gearbox in the world, lsd........
imp paul

posted on 25/2/11 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
s2000 is a nice car lots of fun big power and lots of tuning part out there for it
40inches

posted on 25/2/11 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
My sons got one, came from a Mini(BMW) Cooper GTT and MR2 Turbo, he loves it,but says the rear end is more unpredictable than the MR2, his advice is to make sure not to lift off going into a corner, slow in, fast out in other words classic rear wheel drive.
v8kid

posted on 25/2/11 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Another alternative is the 2l MX5 with the sport pack. It has an "idiot" button that backs off and brakes to avoid the dreaded rear end breakaway. means you can hammer it on the road and get away with it. Again loads of power and a lsd standard

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.