Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Way Way OT - What to get Best Man and Ushers as gifts
bigbravedave

posted on 5/3/11 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Way Way OT - What to get Best Man and Ushers as gifts

I’m really struggling on what to get my best man and ushers as gifts for my wedding as lets face it at this stage in life chances are you already own a selection of tankards, hip flasks, random cuff links and the usual cliché items.

My best man designs car parts for a living, then spends the rest of his time building or driving Jap cars, (big honda fan). So I’m thinking what is the most useful garage tool in the world, torque wrench? and get it etched with something comical.

One usher is an audi driving I.T guy, into his outdoor sports, climbing, shooting, that sort of thing. I was thinking a posh pen of the designer sort, dunno what brand, or can you still get them hand warmer things you light and stick in your pocket (do they stink?)

The other usher is a work hard, play hard, chain smoking party animal, so I rekon he'd be happy with a cliché blingy Zippo lighter engraved.

My question is has anyone ever received a decent best man or usher gift that wasn't tat, or whats the most useful garage tool, suggestions welcome

Danozeman

posted on 5/3/11 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
I got them all cuff links when i got married. Given out the morning of the wedding. if they never use them again theyl use them on the day.

I got an engraved tankard when i was best man.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 5/3/11 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
I got my lot cuff links in engraved boxes

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

jacko

posted on 5/3/11 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Track day each ?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scootz

posted on 5/3/11 at 08:27 PM Reply With Quote
Hip flask... pre-filled with a classic malt for your final toast as a 'free-man' outside the place of ceremony!

It's Evolution Baby!

MikeCapon

posted on 5/3/11 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
I got a scale model of Damon Hill (my mate) in his Williams F1 car. Still on the mantlepiece X years later. How cool is that...
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeR

posted on 5/3/11 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
How much do you want to spend, how much can you afford to spend, how much are you prepared (allowed) to spend?

May influence decisions. I like the track day idea - although that could be very expensive.

Andybarbet

posted on 5/3/11 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
We got my best men (I had 2) really nice fountain pens, which they both really liked (well, they said they did)

Our ushers & page boys (ages ranging from 4 to 14) were given Mini AA maglites in presentation boxes. They were all really pleased with them and i kept seeing them shining around during the evening as we had our reception on a working farm..

We went for the torches because every boy loves a torch and Maglites are pretty indestructable and will probably last them well into their adult lifes, you can get loads of colours or camo ones now, also you can get them engraved too so its pretty personal. The parents of them all said what a good/unusual gift they were.

I reckon the best men would have liked Maglites too though

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

gingerprince

posted on 5/3/11 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
I was joint best men and he bought us a Club 100 karting test session at Rye House. http://www.club100.co.uk/testdays.htm
JoelP

posted on 5/3/11 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
give em an invite to the evening do

Peteff

posted on 5/3/11 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Get them a wallet with a condom in

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

bi22le

posted on 5/3/11 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
I didnt get my best man and users anything when I was married. I thought that they would appreciate a night down the pub on me instead!

Try and get tickets for you all to a common interest. BTCC at your local track or a favourite band's gig?

They are your closest friends, you should know what they like to do!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

RichieW

posted on 5/3/11 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
I got a fishing reel.

More use than cufflinks TBH.

loggyboy

posted on 5/3/11 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
I did the intial engraved cufflinks for the BM, ushers and dads. Simple and can be used again and again.
TimC

posted on 28/6/13 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
My brother had a bottle of Jägermeister from me.

Unless it's kids, is it not reasonable to take the "We're blokes - we don't do gifts" pov?

Leave that nonsense to the ladies IMHO.

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 28/6/13 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CustomBobble
Hi gamin

A wedding is a memorable day wedding gifts are the most precious Thing.comparing to that wedding gifts also very much important one.and its memorable for the two person's.

The Custom Wedding Cake Topper Bobbleheads I is the perfect alternative to the traditional cake topper characters. You will definitely be able to create a ton of unique memories having these custom characters sit atop your wedding cake.

It should be unique.everyone wants to be very jealous on it.Below there is a link Pick a worthy a most precious Giftsto your charming Person

Wedding Gifts seems to be made by Heaven

Hi new person - what car are you building?

I got a space pen when being best man - It lives in my car in case of space accidents.link

I game personal gifts, when I got married. Heated grips to bike mad best man, books on leyland for the 80's mad usher, and Ron Champions book for my Dad.

Make it personal - people appreciate the sentiment I think. Its not about money, its about showing you appreciate their help.

DavidW

posted on 28/6/13 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
A good bottle of port?
twybrow

posted on 28/6/13 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
I made carbon cuff links for all of my groomsmen. You can make cuff links really easily - you can buy the mounts (they are called findings very easily. That way, you could make them a personalised gift. Personally I felt the effort of making something was appreciated more than just buying something cliche. They seemed to really appreciate it, and at least two of my groomsmen wear them to work everyday.
TimC

posted on 28/6/13 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Norfolkluegojnr

Hi new person - what car are you building?

Ha, hadn't noticed that this had been dug-up!

FuryRebuild

posted on 1/7/13 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
I went for Victorinox pen knives - practical and quality.

If you fancy, you could stretch to leathermen. I owned one (got nicked) and it was a proper, useful bit of gear.

When all you have is a hammer, everything around you is a nail.

www.furyrebuild.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.