Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New Velocity project owner...
Willptb

posted on 3/6/11 at 12:38 AM Reply With Quote
New Velocity project owner...

Hi everyone,

Few weeks into Velocity XT bought as a part-started project - rolling chassis but starting again from page 1 of the build sequence and doing things properly

Forum has already answered many queries and saved a lot of time - no point re-inventing the wheel I guess. Really enjoying it so far and having Ben from Luego just up the road (live in Inverurie, Aberdeenshire) a major advantage - he just popped in the restaurant to drop off Velocity badge.

Some of your pictures have been a real inspiration and lots of great ideas / neat solutions to be found. Aiming at being on the road for next summer so maybe a few outings to shows etc - can't wait!

Cheers, Bill.

Well it SEEMED like a good idea!
~
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Luego-Velocity-Build/123757061039034

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Willptb

posted on 3/6/11 at 12:40 AM Reply With Quote
ps Build diary on facebook if it's any interest, all comments welcome

~

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wylliezx9r

posted on 3/6/11 at 12:49 AM Reply With Quote
Best of luck with the build mate, you are a lucky devil having such support in your local area.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

Willptb

posted on 3/6/11 at 12:54 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks! Yeah, could be usefull!

pps copied the internal code for the avatar picture but it's not comming up - anyone make it idiot proof for me?!

~

stevegough

posted on 3/6/11 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
Hello, and welcome not only to the forum, but also to the merry band of Luego builders. Especially to someone who is building a 'normal' sized Velocity rather than the 'overblown' Vientos

Join the club! Although I've now completed mine(see below).

I'm not sure you can use the internal site code for the avatar picture - I think the 5 - digit numbers are only for posting a pic in a thread.

What you need to do, is first resize your pic - I think the max allowed is 150 x 150 pixels - upload it to your photo archive at that size, display it on screen and copy the link line (don't copy the [img] at each end). You then open your control panel, and paste that line in the avatar box.

Whilst you are there, add your approximate location so people can see at a glance on your posts whether they are near enough to collect stuff from you, come and help you, or invite you for a blat (or even a 'go' in theirs to spur you on!!).

I am quite surprised you have got a new Luego - the company has pretty much folded up is our information - you must have got one of the last ones?

See this thread Where Clive (jollygreengiant) had a brief letter back from Ben.

Anyway, don't be afraid to ask for any advice, help, guidance - where to get parts, how to fit them, etc etc - we have all been or are still going through the build process and any difficulties can be overcome - especially when you get nearer the dreaded IVA test (probably a week or two off for you yet)

Good luck, and above all, enjoy it! Regards, Steve.

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

bigrich

posted on 3/6/11 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
Description
Description

i have reduced the size of this picture for you, copy it to your archive and then press the use as avatar button, witchcraft should happen and a picture may appear.

good luck Bill

ATB Rich

A pint for the gent and a white wine/fruit based drink for the lady. Those are the rules

Willptb

posted on 3/6/11 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
Many thanks for the comments, tips and for sorting out the avatar question (thanks ATB Rich)! Good to know there is so much support and enthusiasm around.

~

rusty nuts

posted on 3/6/11 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Nice to see another one being built. Hope you have seen the posts about crush tubes? may save a lot of aggro to sort them now rather than later.
Willptb

posted on 4/6/11 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Ah, have now - thank you! Have welded up some trestle stands and will now move that job to the top of the (rapidly growing) list of lists

~

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.