Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Track / road Impreza
driveeminpushemout

posted on 26/6/11 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Track / road Impreza

Hi everyone. My first post on here I believe. I've decided to buy a Track only BEC, so I've put my impreza on eBay. It ends tonight if anyone wants a very quick practical car. Cheers, Nathan
itemId=110705843786

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

mark chandler

posted on 26/6/11 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
1997 SUBARU IMPREZA STI RELIABLE 350BHP | eBay UK

If your track only then you will not look back, shot past EVO's and impreza etc yesterday with ease, quicker on the bends quicker on the straights.

Also watched one of each go up in flames whene there engines blew, I suspect my little blade engine would cost less to fix

[Edited on 26/6/11 by mark chandler]

Dangle_kt

posted on 26/6/11 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
good luck with the sale.

[Edited on 26/6/11 by Dangle_kt]

driveeminpushemout

posted on 26/6/11 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
Well, I've actually bought a blade engined phoenix for similar reasons. I've spent a fair bit of time getting the impreza to the stage where I'm not scared to go all out on track, but it's pretty heavy on tyres etc as a track only car. I'm quicker in it than quite a few locosts I've come across, but you get the odd one being driven right that absolutely anisllates me, so I'm guessing there must be something in it also looks a bit more fun too! Having said that, the impreza makes an excellent road car, but I don't really need one anymore...
mark chandler

posted on 26/6/11 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Mine left the road, just for tracks now as not practical !

Good luck with the sale, having a compromise will always be a bit frustrating.

As for tyres, get second hand slicks and fit 13" wheels, they generally cost £15 a corner to replace and last well The grip is also awesome.

ATB Mark

Steve Hignett

posted on 27/6/11 at 12:20 AM Reply With Quote
As (directly) above...
Where your evo/scooby will cost x% of tyres x% of brakes and feck loads of fuel, even if you are having half or 3/4's the fun In your phoenix it will still only be cowting you a 1/4 the price...

Then youll be back on asking how to to turbo it and you WILL be going quickrr than anything... (on a TD)

steveiow

posted on 27/6/11 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
Nice choice to ditch the scoob for a locost.

My old Type RA scoob with 350bhp would lap brands indy in 60.50 secs.

My best laptime in the Locost Racecar with 91bhp is 58.61.

Cadwell Park I am 4 secs a lap faster than the scoob, and you can do half a lap without a lift - way more fun than the impreza ever was. (Plus the £120+ fuel bills were getting silly)

Edited to add - just seen your advert - lot of car for the money. I couldnt sell mine for 4k so decided to break it (was a slightly higher spec than yours) and ended up getting a tad under 9k. Only took about 2 months to sell everything via ebay and scoobynet too.

Your car is worth more broken than sold as a whole.

[Edited on 27/6/11 by steveiow]

2012 Locost Race Car #12 - for everything Locost Racing: www.SEWC.co.uk

driveeminpushemout

posted on 27/6/11 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, Ive broken a few Japanese cars myself, but just couldn't bring myself to do it to this one! I ended up being able to swap it for not too much, and I reckon it costs me about £500 per trackday in the scoob realistically, so It should save me a bit in the long run. I've also got a vtec turbo mini that I've been building for years, so I know what it's like to get carried away! Hopefully I can leave it fairly much as it is this year and go from there

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.